Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:42 am

I do not know who Mr. Lime is, but in response to his post I would contact the restaurant. You could and should even explain your delima. I do not think the man you described is the owner, but circumstances do happen. Given the many previous good experiences I would give it another shot. The guy could have just had a bad day and although that does not excuse his rude behavior, the food and previous experience in my opinion warrants another shot. If you continue to receive unacceptable service, it would then be time to move on.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:45 am

OK, I guess I'm ready to give the original poster some leeway, but sometimes people do have unusual names. Back in the day I had a dear friend named Dee Beaver. Spelled just that way. Her husband's name--I kid you not--was Harry. In school I had a teacher named Mr. Hood. He had a baby girl, named Robin. All true, I swear.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:34 am

Oh Leah, don't even start on that, LOL!

I rode the bus with Fonda Breeden.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 am

Linda C wrote:Oh Leah, don't even start on that, LOL!

I rode the bus with Fonda Breeden.

There used to be a dentist in the Highlands called Dr. Hurt!
no avatar
User

Aaron Newton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:34 pm

by Aaron Newton » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 am

Anonymity is a difficult beast to tame.

Some are able to handle it responsibly. It allows people to express views which are not popular without fear of recrimination outside of the venue in which it was expressed. That can be a positive thing, though it does open the channels up to individuals who are unable to handle that level of freedom responsibly. I, like others, are willing to risk the wilds of those who can't handle it in the interest of retaining a medium where you can express unpopular opinions.

That said, I completely understand the perspective of those who dislike the behaviour invited by internet anonymity. It can have the effect of turning perfectly reasonable and rational people into expletive spewing madmen, for one. This isn't the only board I post at which requires the use of real names and it does make for an overall easier to maintain atmosphere in the community.
no avatar
User

Scot E

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:45 pm

by Scot E » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:27 am

Although hard to believe given Robins insistence that we use real names when registering (which I have no problem with) this really was an honest mistake. I didn't realize that our screen name would be our actual name (never paid attention when reading in the past). When prompted for my "user name" I instinctively used "Harry" thinking that I would be prompted again for my real name (thinking it was for Robin's records only). I will gladly change my user name to "Scot E" if someone could instruct me how to change it. Do I just kill the account and start over? At any rate, I apologize for the moniker---didn't mean to offend anyone (and yes, I am a bit of a film buff and "The Third Man" is one of my favorites).

Now, to get this back on track, I am still not clear if the spiky haired gentleman and the owner are one and the same. Also, to be clear, this was not an issue of a server being curt or overly sensitive about the cuisine being served. This was an issue of a server/owner arguing with a customer, insinuating that the costumer was either a liar or an idiot and acting in an overall aggressive, hostile manner. He then followed all of this up by deliberately ignoring the customer later in the meal. I would really like to know whether this was in fact the owner---that would make a pretty big difference to me. However, given that this is my first bad experience out of many wonderful ones, I’m sure I will go back. I would love to never go back based on principle alone but....its just really good!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:37 am

The man formerly known as Harry Lime wrote:I will gladly change my user name to "Scot E" if someone could instruct me how to change it.

Scot, no apologies are needed, and thanks to you for your quick and positive response.

I think user name changing requires a level of Magick that only the administrator has (that's me, the Dumbledore of LouisvilleHotBytes), but I'll be happy to do it for you. It's possible that I might have to change your password temporarily as part of that process, but I'll let you know.

Nope! Looks like it worked! No password change, just log in hereafter with "Scot E" (including the space) as your user name.

Thanks again, Scot, and welcome to our Merrie Little Bande.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:41 am

Welcome Scot E!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 am

Now the Star Trek fans are going to think there's another anonymous poster... :wink:

Welcome, Scot!
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:56 am

Scot E wrote: However, given that this is my first bad experience out of many wonderful ones, I’m sure I will go back. I would love to never go back based on principle alone but....its just really good!

Amen! Tell us how it goes next time out.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 am

O.K., now that we have that settled I stick by my response, just let me change the ending: Welcome, Mr. E
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

La Rosita

by Jeffrey D. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:46 pm

The first time we visited La Rosita it was slammed and it took forever to get our food. But the food was so great that we gave it another chance. And we've been back several times since then - all with great results. People have bad days. Communication mix-ups occur. People hear what isn't said and say what they didn't intend. It happens. I've never seen anything at La Rosita's other than hard working people trying to put out a superior product at a fair price. If Scot wants to try again - fine. If Scot doesn't want to try again - fine. But, I don't think it would be fair for anyone else to make a decision based upon Scot's unpleasant experience.
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Scot E wrote:TP Lowe: In my defense, I found out about La Rosita from Mr. Garrs comments along with the comments of members from this board. What I have said about the quality of the food, etc. seems to have already been said by others multiple times. I also love Havana Rumba and Vietnam Kitchen but there seems little point starting a new thread about restaurants that nearly every foodie in town already knows and loves. Nevertheless, I do see your point. I suppose the real reasons for not posting before were simply shyness and laziness (mostly the latter). However, now that I am registered, I will be a more courteous to our fellow restaurateurs and post the good and the bad.

I have had several bad experiences/disappointments in restaurants. The reason for my post however was that even in the most incompetent of establishments I have never been treated so hostilely or rudely. Unfortunately this was a real standout experience for one of my favorite eateries.

Scot, you're ok with a lot of us. There are a few individuals here who are very defensive. Keep your freedom of speech and say what you feel.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

Just Forget It...Let It Go

by Ray W. » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:41 pm

Scot E wrote: However, given that this is my first bad experience out of many wonderful ones, I’m sure I will go back. I would love to never go back based on principle alone but....its just really good!

I know some New Yorkers who have had a similar dilemma...This eatery also had great food (Some say the best in the city) but the service could be a "little" harsh at times...In the end, the taste buds won out...
User

Richard Rush

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:36 am

by Richard Rush » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm

I know one thing, all this talk of La Rosita have me convinced I am having lunch there tomorrow.

Roger: Is tuna fish a topping on the menu at Richo's now or not? I might have to try it next time up there if so.
PreviousNext