Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:45 pm

Welcome, Scot!

That situation would make me think twice about returning as well - I have a really hard time with poor customer service, especially in a place of 'hospitality'. And arguing with you about what you ordered, when he most likely misunderstood? And even if he thought he was right, take it away from the table, suck it up, and make the customer happy. I probably would have asked for a manager either then or called when I got home, and if he is the owner, I might have questioned him directly. But I'm very intolerant of that type of 'service'.

Having said all that, if the food is that good (I've never been there, but despite your post, I would like to try it), I would probably go back. I most likely would've expressed my feelings about the situation though, but if I didn't, I'd give it some time and give it another chance.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 pm

Richard

Not yet. I hope that later this week there'll be time to jog across the street and score some Starkist for the ultimate taste test.

Then again, the food isn't exactly my area ... so I'll be looking for a good beer to match.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:22 am

Roger, if youre taking topping suggestions we should talk :)
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

by TanyaD » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:47 am

I know some New Yorkers who have had a similar dilemma...This eatery also had great food (Some say the best in the city) but the service could be a "little" harsh at times...In the end, the taste buds won out...

Speaking of that eatery, I recently found out his soups can be purchased online:

http://www.originalsoupman.com
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:20 pm

TanyaD wrote:
I know some New Yorkers who have had a similar dilemma...This eatery also had great food (Some say the best in the city) but the service could be a "little" harsh at times...In the end, the taste buds won out...

Speaking of that eatery, I recently found out his soups can be purchased online:

Wow!...Now I can try the Crab Bisque without having to deal with the Soup Nazi face to face...Though the "proper" ordering procedures sounds easy enough...

1. Pick the soup you want!

2. Have your money ready!

3. Move to the EXTREME left after ordering!

Perhaps La Rosita could go with the slogan...

La Rosita: Tacos With Attitude

On a serious note, I would hope that Scot E's next visit to La Rosita will be a much better experience...I will need to try this place out for myself...I could go for some tasty tacos...
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:26 pm

TanyaD wrote:

From what I have read he has closed (or will be) his 55th St store and is putting his energies and attitude into this new venture. Great soups, crazy man.
Previous