Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ: The words and the stars seem to fit at Speakeasy

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:02 am

Marty's words and stars seem to fit this week, as he reports from Speakeasy in New Albany with a report that seems consistent with correspondent Greg Gapsis's findings in our LEO column a couple of weeks ago: An amiable place that's already turning into a great jazz venue, which is such a good thing that it's easy to overlook it falling a bit short of a destination dining room.

[url=http://cityguide.courier-journal.com/fe/RestaurantReviews/Profile.asp?businessid=47433]Jazzy New Albany
Food, music add to Speakeasy's winning appeal[/url]

<B>Speakeasy</B>
225 State St.
New Albany, Ind.
(812) 981-0981
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:02 am

Congratulations to Brad and Lori!! Speakeasy is a lovely venue and they deserve to be recognized for all of their hard work. I do think that Marty's review reads more like a 3 or even 3 1/2 but I am sure that Brad and Lori will be quite pleased (and overwhelmed) by 2 1/2 stars (every place I have ever opened has challenges, particularly on the food side, and they have already made the changes they needed to make it a top tier food destination as well as a bad-ass jazz club). Another piece of the puzzle that is New Albany falls into place.....
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:35 am

Marty's reviews at the CJ have been a consistent breath of fresh air after years of mediocrity. For the first time in a long time, the CJ restaurant review is relevant.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Media discussion moved to new thread

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:09 am

I've taken the off-topic digression on media off as a separate thread in the "All About Louisville" forum, but it's still open and everyone is welcome to join in.

Here's the link:

Print media declining in relevance?
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:48 am

Hmm, I didn't know about the non-functioning NABC taps during Marty's visit.

It may be time for the draft beer troubleshooting clinic ... step 1: Is the CO2 turned on?

And so forth.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana