Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Free coffee at Starbucks (all of 'em!) on Thursday morning

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Apparently as a publicity stunt, Starbucks will offer a free cup of coffee to all comers at all of its stores on Thursday, March 15, From 10 a.m. until noon.

Details on the Starbucks Website.

I think I'll keep my support of local dining intact by paying for a skim latte at Heine's, but that's just me. If you go, let us know how long the lines are!
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:26 pm

I'm with you. I will go to Highland though. :wink:
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:33 pm

I'm with both of you. But I choose Jacksons! :wink:
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:54 pm

I dont drink coffee but even I did I'd rather drink molten lava than have starbucks.
User

Todd Pharris

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:59 pm

by Todd Pharris » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:33 pm

I prefer the local places, but they aren't opening any locations between my home and work. Thankfully, Starbucks is there for me.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:37 pm

I will go because the people there are paid a salary also...and there coffee is good too....
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Lava.

by Doogy R » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:42 pm

MikeG wrote:I dont drink coffee but even I did I'd rather drink molten lava than have starbucks.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but a good cup of lava with a side of magma always gets my morning off to a roaring good start. I usually ask for extra sulfur. :lol:
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:21 am

So I've recently caved and become addicted to lattes, and I've learned that I don't like the Starbucks ones as much as others -- too much milk leaves it unsatisfying.

However, even if they are an "evil empire" of chain coffee, did you know that they are a great employer? They offer health benefits to their employees, and you don't even have to work full-time to qualify. That's something more companies could emulate! (Note, I don't work at Starbucks or own their stock. Just interested in health care matters.)
no avatar
User

Kelly Herre

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Crescent Hill, Louisville

not all starbucks

by Kelly Herre » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm

FYI, I just spoke with a manager of a licensed starbuck's store and apparently it is only the corporately owned stores who are participating...so businesses that have a starbucks inside their doors are NOT giving away coffee tomorrow.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:57 pm

Speaking of starbucks, what's with their use of automated espresso machines? It automatically measures and steams the grounds. That totally kills the art of a barista. I have tried the automated machine twice and both times the coffee was not right. Very weak which means they are cutting corners. Imagine that, corporations cutting corners. Reminds me of better ingredients, better pizza but for some reason in the late 90's Papa John's pizza transformed and started tasting a little bit different. It's amazing the difference in the tastes from Mick's Lounge to what it is today.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:06 pm

I thought I would be immune to Starbucks since I am not a coffee drinker.
Alas, I made a mistake and tried the peppermint white hot chocolate and now I'm addicted.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:11 pm

:lol: Well I did go this morning aound 11 am at the Summit location. The place was backed and there were about 10 people in line....but they had extra help and the wait was not very long. At least at this location the word got out about the freebie....Nothing like the word "FREE" to draw costumers.... :lol: