Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

quick commercial kitchen ?

User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

quick commercial kitchen ?

by Leah S » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:47 pm

I'm familiar with Dine, Fetzer and Chef Supply and am getting quotes from them for an upcoming venture. I found another commercial kitchen supplier--Prima on bishop Lane. I am unfamiliar with them. Do you know them? Done biz with them?

And if this needs to be moved, Robin, please do. I hoped more people would see it here because I'm on a tight timeline.

Thanks to all for whatever info you have.
no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:21 am

Leah, what are you looking for? There's a place out by me in the middle of nowhere with two barnsful of restaurant equipment at reasonable and negotiable prices. I got a 30 quart hobart mixer cheaper than I was able to find anywhere in Louisville or even on Ebay. Email me if you like.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:56 am

You've got PM.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:07 am

C. Devlin wrote:Leah, what are you looking for? There's a place out by me in the middle of nowhere with two barnsful of restaurant equipment at reasonable and negotiable prices. I got a 30 quart hobart mixer cheaper than I was able to find anywhere in Louisville or even on Ebay. Email me if you like.
Two Barnsfull?? Sounds like Randy Shaeffer!! Love the guy and have bought many things from him but be mindfull of the follow-up on second hand equipment......(I also bought a 30 quart for $500 and it still works fine but if it failed, I would be toast and I know it)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:01 pm

I am being very mindful about the oven in partidular and will likely buy that newto get a warranty, because if it breaks, I'd be in a world of hurt. I'm down 1 oven right now and it's an "issue." But as far as worktables, a second mixer, used is fine. On the fence about refrigerater and freezer. I'd love to find those in good used condition also.
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

We use R Source Global

by Tony P. » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:42 pm

Leah,

We have been using R source Global for our expansion. Great Prices and "Johnny on the spot". Contact Gene at 1 513 746 8511 (he lives in Louisville)

Tony
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:46 am

We get most of our stuff from All-Right in Southern Indiana near the Colgate plant. They are small, but the prices are right and they work their tails off to get the stuff you need.

Have not heard of Prima
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:02 am

Thanks guys. I've never heard of those last two. I find it curious that no one has heard of Prima. Interesting . . .