Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Carly Rae's

User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Carly Rae's

by Kurt R. » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 am

Carly Rae's at first and Oak is no longer open for lunch. Several friends and have gone frequently, but when we showed up yesterday they told us they are no longer open for lunch. They have a great happy hour. I will persaonally miss them for lunch, hope they can keep on truckin!
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Carly Rae's

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:46 am

Kurt R. wrote:Carly Rae's at first and Oak is no longer open for lunch.

I was told they've cut back lunch to Friday and Saturday only but do serve a midday repast on those days. Or is this a new step beyond that?
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Not sure?
I called and verified they are open for lunch on Friday's and Saturday's. I didn't know that as of the visit yesterday. Maybe we will try it out on Friday and get an update.
Kurt

User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 pm

I am going to be out of town on Friday, but if anyone is in old Louisville and goes to Carly Rae's give us an update.
Kurt

User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 am

by Brand M » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 pm

Hey Kurt, sorry it took me so long to get back to you.Yes, due to labor cost outweighing profit,the restaurant side of the business had to scale back lunch to Fri,Sat. and Sunday.Brunches are still open on Sat. and Sun. Jeff is changing up the menu as we speak, making more things from scratch , and training others to do the same. We will definately be opening back up for lunches in the future.We aren't on the beaten path for lunches.We are a little to far away from downtown business to reach us in time .So we are pulling back to market to business's close to us,micromanage , and come back with a better more successful lunch.In the mean time while they are working on their craft, they are catering to a few places right now .It was just a necessary means at the moment to keep our business fruitful and keep us in the building.We posted the notice hopefully in time that no regulars came down to a locked door.Again I apologize Kurt.Come in and announce yourself and I will buy your dinner. Thanks
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:37 am

No need to buy me dinner, just happy to hear that lunches will be coming back. Let me know when you start up with lunch again during the week. I will have to plan for Friday's for now.
Kurt