Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wild Oats to close

no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:34 am

ahh praise the megolithic giant that is whole foods

whole foods is nothing more than the wal mart of the "organic/natural" sales market

ask the leadership at WFM louisville if they have an effective recycling program??

or if they really care about ther products they push

last i heard they were pushing huge displays of pabst blue ribbon - a high end all natural organic beer of the finest quality

and pushing pink slips to long term employeess at the louisville store

buy and think local, the farmers markets are open and at least if you shop from local independent retailers of natural products the money goes back in to our local economy.... not to austin texas

++++ i wouldn't eat those samples if i were you
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Is St. Matthews really more affluent than the Highlands?

I thought that the location had more to do with the high traffic of Shelbyville Road.

I'm not sure what the thought process is, maybe it's just that Saint Matthews and the East end are more food oriented. If you look at it all the better places for groceries are in that area. Dolls, Rainbow Blossom, Lotsa Pasta, Blue Dog Bakery and a little farther out Shelbyville Road The Fresh Market and Highland Fish Market. I'm sure there are more I missed but just this list shows that the center of epicurean purchases is in Saint Matthews.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Shawn Vest wrote:ahh praise the megolithic giant that is whole foods

whole foods is nothing more than the wal mart of the "organic/natural" sales market

ask the leadership at WFM louisville if they have an effective recycling program??

or if they really care about ther products they push

last i heard they were pushing huge displays of pabst blue ribbon - a high end all natural organic beer of the finest quality

and pushing pink slips to long term employeess at the louisville store

buy and think local, the farmers markets are open and at least if you shop from local independent retailers of natural products the money goes back in to our local economy.... not to austin texas

++++ i wouldn't eat those samples if i were you
Damn Shawn....almost sounds like you used to work there or something. I do miss those Fried Gizzard samples though, Yum! If I ever get a night off, I'll be joinin you for pizza lad!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:50 pm

dave we're open on sunday til 8

you'll have to come by then

---
the lack of parking in the highlands also deters bigger stores from coming to the area

-
seems like some of my favorite people have been terminated from whole foods

*** the burbs are much easier to pave over, than historic neighborhoods***
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Affluence

by Heather Y » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:00 pm

I think you have a point Ron!
no avatar
User

Jeremy Markle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

In my car

by Jeremy Markle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Has Louisville ever had a co-op along the lines of Good Foods in Lexington or Bloomingfoods up in Bloomington? I always imagine the first WF in Austin being like these places before it went big and corporate. In fact, was WF a co-op when it started?
Check out the new http://www.kentuckyale.com
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:47 pm

There used to be a little coop on Frankfort Avenue - I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

It MIGHT have been where Bourbon Bistro is now - but I could be mistaken about that!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 pm

And before that it was at the corner of Payne and Angora Court and before that in the Cloister . . .
Previous