Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

So good you could cry!

no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

So good you could cry!

by Alanna H » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:17 pm

I went to Stevens & Stevens for lunch today and walked out with a roast beef sandwich on a french baguette, topped with mayonnaise, avocado, tomato, and grilled onions. Got back to work and made the biggest mess you ever saw eating it. Mayo and tomato on my face, fingers green with squished avocado, grilled onions slipping off...it was a simple sandwich, and yet so much more. It was so delicious I wanted to cry. All the flavors and textures combining into something so incredible. It makes me sad for those who think that food is just food and don't realize all the fantastic options that are out there.
So let's hear it- what is your favorite 'so good it will make you cry' dish?
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:35 pm

I've been a fan of Stevens and Stevens for a long time. I like the Phantom of the Opera sandwich.

But food so good I could cry? Hmmm. that's a tough one.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:39 pm

The mushroom fume soup at Equus.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:00 pm

The duck confit strudel from Bourbon's Bistro. It's stuffed with goat cheese, mushrooms, arugula and chilies and of course- duck confit. I think the sauce is a sherry cream. I'm not a huge fan of duck or mushrooms, but that dish is seriously to cry for. The first time I tasted it, I was speechless. The layers of flavor and variety of textures....I wish I could have one right now. It IS very rich, so don't plan on eating it alone.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Soup at Seviche

by Deb Hall » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:12 pm

Mine didn't want to make me cry...but I think I've got the idea:

Went to Seviche my very first time by myself (I was single at the time). Sat on the lovely patio in gorgeous weather and ordered a soup (I regret that I don't remember the name) as the first course. The soup was incredible: the flavor was soooo good!

I realized I was getting funny looks from the 4 guys at the table next to mine, and realized I was actually moaning, the soup was so good. :oops: I'm sure I blushed profusely- A little too reminisant of the famous scene in "when Harry met Sally"...

(But man, that soup was good)

Deb
no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Bill D » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:49 am

Poached eggs @ Blue Dog Bakery. Go on a weekday. Sat. is crazy busy.
Bill D
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Soup at Seviche

by Jay M. » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Mine didn't want to make me cry...but I think I've got the idea:

Went to Seviche my very first time by myself (I was single at the time). Sat on the lovely patio in gorgeous weather and ordered a soup (I regret that I don't remember the name) as the first course. The soup was incredible: the flavor was soooo good!

I realized I was getting funny looks from the 4 guys at the table next to mine, and realized I was actually moaning, the soup was so good. :oops: I'm sure I blushed profusely- A little too reminisant of the famous scene in "when Harry met Sally"...

(But man, that soup was good)

Deb

I got a good laugh out of this one, Deb! Did any of the four guys ask to join you? :D