Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

Hummus - Mojito's

by Matt B » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:19 pm

I will second the Hummus plate at Mojito's. My favorite in town so far, especially since you get three different typee.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:27 pm

You can tell I don't get out as much lately, I had no idea that Jeruselem Cafe was closed. Darn!! Cafe Lou Lou's hummus is good. We had a Black and White Hummus at Browning's last week that was pretty good, though not traditional. I need to get back to Pita Delites, the hummus there used to be my favorite, then it was kinda spotty after the move to Grinstead. If they are back to their former glory, I am there!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

baba

by Heather Y » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 am

Al watan for Baba Ghanoush!
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:25 am

MarieP wrote:Kayrouz Cafe has very good hummus!

I must say I agree Marie :wink:
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

Sherrie G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Now, don't get mad...

by Sherrie G » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:52 am

But California Pizza Kitchen :oops: has a yummy hummus.
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

Artemisia has/had a good hummus

by jpdurbin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:10 am

A guest had it at Artemisia and loved it. It has been a while so they may no longer have it.
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com
no avatar
User

Christopher Lamb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:44 pm

by Christopher Lamb » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:39 pm

I would like to humbly suggest visiting us at Varanese on Frankfort Ave. Our hummus is wonderful, and, we offer the added benefit of serving other types of Mediterranean-influenced dishes. If you are out with others who are interested in something from this region, but are looking for a more substantial dinner, we can fulfill their desires as well.
"We're surrounded, that simplifies our problem."
- Col. Lewis "Chesty" Puller
no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

by Melissa S » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:55 pm

I really like the hummus at Paul's. It has a very smooth texture and contains just the right amount of garlic. They always have it pre packaged by the deli counter.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:08 am

Am I missing something here? Hummus is so easy (and cheap) to make - you should make your own! Then, you can make it exactly as you enjoy it. I have to admit, I'm a non recipe user, so I don't have one to offer. I'm more of an 'eyeball' measurer. But, I'm sure you could find some good recipes on allrecipes.com or even foodtv.com and then experiment, experiment, experiment...
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:03 pm

Beth K. wrote:Am I missing something here? Hummus is so easy (and cheap) to make - you should make your own! Then, you can make it exactly as you enjoy it....

Beth,
If I had a food processor, I WOULD make my own hummus. Since I don't have one (Christmas AND my BDay are coming ... hint, hint, hint, hint!), I keep searching.

(OK ... I know, I know .... any foodie should already HAVE a food processor ... but I'm a poor working stiff with too much outgo and too little inflow! :shock: )
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Got a used Cuisinart off eBay just to make hummus.
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:00 pm

Ah, yes, that does seem to present a problem. Before I had a food processor I used a blender. Of course, now that I think about it, I did burn the engine out on that blender, resulting in the acquisition of my blender/processor combo. Hmmm, I'm starting to wonder if there was a connection b/t the heavy hummus and the motor burnout... On second tought - maybe you shouldn't use your blender! Hee-hee!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:27 pm

Rebecca,

For years, I've used a little "mini" processor/chopper in lieu of a food processor to chop herbs, make pesto, make hummus, etc. (Didn't get my large food processor until this year). The mini processor I use is a Cuisinart chopper/grinder and they only cost about $30. I love mine and use it all the time, even now that I have the big guy- it's really easy to clean and holds about 2 cups.

When making hummus, processing 1/2 batch of chickpeas at a time helps to avoid stalling (or burning out a blender).

Deb
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Rebecca,

For years, I've used a little "mini" processor/chopper in lieu of a food processor to chop herbs, make pesto, make hummus, etc. (Didn't get my large food processor until this year). The mini processor I use is a Cuisinart chopper/grinder and they only cost about $30. I love mine and use it all the time, even now that I have the big guy- it's really easy to clean and holds about 2 cups.

When making hummus, processing 1/2 batch of chickpeas at a time helps to avoid stalling (or burning out a blender).

Deb

Deb,
Thanks for the tip! I'll add this to my heavy-hinted "please buy me this for my birthday" list! Now that I have four different kinds of coffee makers, maybe they'll move on to food processors! :)
Rebecca
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Mini Prep

by Deb Hall » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Rebecca,

If you are putting it on your list, the official name is Cuisinart "Mini Prep."

Deb