Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Velocity loves Mojito and tips generously

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:24 am

Over at Gannett's Velocity weekly, Lisa Hornung takes her "2 for $30" column to Mojito this week and devotes 304 words to a quick review. Her comments on individual dishes this time out seem to consist mostly of quoting the menu's descriptions of their ingredients. Still, she makes the chorus unanimous - I think all the city's published food writers (including me) have now weighed in with nothing but praise for this great place. Lisa also seems to be getting it about tipping, leaving a $7 tip on a $20.50 tab this time, if I'm reading it right, which would be a very generous 34% tip, which may partly just reflect a desire to get the column up close to its $30 concept after fashioning an affordable meal of mostly appetizers.

[url=http://www.velocityweekly.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070829/VELOCITY01/708290475/1065]<B>2 for $30</b>
A stylish Cuban meal that won't break you[/url]

<b>Mojito</b>
2231 Holiday Manor Center
425-0949