Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Westport Village

no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Westport Village

by Kurt R. » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:31 pm

I have seen the plans for the Westport Villlage. Does anyone know anyhting about RJ Gators? apparently a new restaurant, but haven't heard anything else.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Westport Village

by Steve Shade » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:53 am

Kurt R. wrote:I have seen the plans for the Westport Villlage. Does anyone know anyhting about RJ Gators? apparently a new restaurant, but haven't heard anything else.

A chain, mostly in Florida. Google RJ Gators for their website.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Westport Village

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:40 am

Steve Shade wrote:A chain, mostly in Florida. Google RJ Gators for their website.

Not that hard to do:

R.J. Gators Florida Sea Grill & Bar

Louisville is listed on the "coming soon" page. It's all over Florida with a small presence in North Carolina and Texas.

I wouldn't count this chicken until it's hatched, though. <b>This story</b> hints at serious corporate problems.

<i><b>Florida-based casual dining franchise RJ Gators parent files for bankruptcy</b>

(FranchisePick.Com) Just last year, CEO Tim Timoteo was talking expansion to 100 units for the 23 unit unit, $8.9M R.J. Gators casual dining franchise chain. Now he’s talking bankruptcy, with $2.5M owed to unsecured creditors. Rumors abound that he’s looking to sell the company, or possibly to sell off unprofitable company owned units as franchises. But if R.J. Gators’ problem is too much competition in an overbuilt restaurant market, how will franchisees running those units - saddled with franchise fees & royalties - be in a better position to compete? And will franchise owners still get service from Sysco, the food distributor that’s owed $1.3M.</i>

(Click link above to read the rest.)