Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Gaslight Inn

no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

Gaslight Inn

by Rick G » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm

Just curious if anyone has tried the new Gaslight Inn in J-Town. Lot's of signs around town advertising them.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Gaslight Inn

by Doogy R » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:56 am

I have also heard about the place all over local radio. They seem to have a huge marketing campaign going on. Has anyone here actually been there? They even have an online menu.

http://www.louisvillediner.com/menuDeta ... 6fc4d5c5ae
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Gaslight Inn

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:02 am

Doogy R wrote:I have also heard about the place all over local radio. They seem to have a huge marketing campaign going on. Has anyone here actually been there? They even have an online menu.

It's the former Sir Churchill's location, right? Sounds like a place to check out.
no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:29 pm

My wife and I visited the other night for a couple of drinks and to check the place out. The place looks the same as the short lived Chris' Place but does look like they have cleaned it up a bit. Also the covered patio now has a poured concrete slab as opposed to gravel that was there and they have dressed it up nicely. I was disappointed in the beer selection considering it's called Gaslight Inn Restaurant and Tap. It's mostly mass market stuff with a couple of your standard imports thrown in. We will probably go back in the next week or so to try out the food.