Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

NEW RESTAURANT?

no avatar
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

NEW RESTAURANT?

by Allison Williams » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:43 pm

I have been watching this property for a couple of months now and a few weeks ago it confirmed my hunch when I saw vents going in and the interior walls being put up in for a kitchen. A real interesting location it seems. 700 Vine Street. Take a right off on Brent just off Broadway like you are going to Louisville Stoneware and it is on the intersection of Vine/Brent St. It has a very industrial look to it. Anyone know anything about it?
Last edited by Allison Williams on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:58 pm

Yes, it is where the The Cafe, currently at the louisville Antique Mall, is going to be!! Can't wait...... :D
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: NEW RESTAURANT?

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Allison Williams wrote:Anyone know anything about it?

Oh, wait! After I told you in E-mail that I didn't know what that was, I remembered. I think it's the new home of the Cafe at the Louisville Antique Mall now that the antique mall is moving.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:25 pm

I believe the property you are talking about is where Westport General Store is going to open a Bistro. The old Meeting house
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

by Allison Williams » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Robin Garr
I think it's the new home of the Cafe at the Louisville Antique Mall now that the antique mall is moving.

The mall will be in the vicinity and it makes sense that the Cafe would be close just because it is associated with it. The construction on that property is moving pretty quickly.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci