Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

"Power tables"

User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

"Power tables"

by Gary Michael » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:12 pm

I read in the weekend Wall Street Journal about power tables in restaurants in Miami, LA NY etc where celebreties, Hollywood agents, captains of industry and other movers and shakers demand and get the primo tables where they can be seen and worshipped by lesser humans. Does anyone know if this practice occurs in Louisville? Do Papa John, Pitino, Baffert, the mayor or other local luminaries demand and get this sort of star treatment?

(The window tables at the Bardwtown Road Bristol don't count!)
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 pm

I remember we used to reserve a table for Darryl Isaacs back in the glory days of Lentini's, but that was more because he was such a dedicated and loved customer, not necessarily because of his "star" power!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: "Power tables"

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:10 am

Gary Michael wrote:(The window tables at the Bardwtown Road Bristol don't count!)

Hey! I remember way back when a group of reporters at The Louisville Times used to think we were really hot stuff when they'd seat us at that window table!
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

I have seen Mayor Jerr at many different places

by jpdurbin » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:39 am

I have never seen him ask for any special seating and he waits in the queue with everyone else.
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: "Power tables"

by AshleyChesman » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Gary Michael wrote:I read in the weekend Wall Street Journal about power tables in restaurants in Miami, LA NY etc where celebreties, Hollywood agents, captains of industry and other movers and shakers demand and get the primo tables where they can be seen and worshipped by lesser humans. Does anyone know if this practice occurs in Louisville? Do Papa John, Pitino, Baffert, the mayor or other local luminaries demand and get this sort of star treatment?

(The window tables at the Bardwtown Road Bristol don't count!)

Pitino hasn't come into the location on E.Market, but when we were on Brownsboro Road, he was very nice, waited like everyone else and didn't expect anything special.

The Mayor comes in frequently and is very humble. He talks to people who come up to his table (without getting upset---even if it's the middle of dinner) I do, however, try to seat them in the corner so that they aren't interrupted. Sidney, his son, is EXTREMELY polite and a joy to serve!

I find that other people---people who I don't even know, tend to be the most rude and obnoxious. It's the business, I suppose, but it always amuses me for people to say, "Well, I went to middle school with Michele" (When I tell them we don't take reservations) MIDDLE SCHOOL!!

Or, "I come in all the time" I'm there all the time...I KNOW my regular customers!!

Funny, funny :D