Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Rick Pitino possibly investor in Azalea replacement?

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 pm

Word on the street hints that Coach Rick and a group of investors is close to making a deal on the now ex-Azalea property. Sounds believable to me!
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:36 pm

It's right around the block from his house. Let's see - do you think Italian (again)? What, pray tell, will happen to his usual haunt: Porcini?
no avatar
User

LesP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 6:29 am

Louisville, KY

by LesP » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:44 pm

I was actually told the same thing twice today by different vendors.

Either way, GO CARDS!!!!

:D
no avatar
User

Krista K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:21 am

downtown, louisville, ky, usa

by Krista K » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Jay M. wrote:What, pray tell, will happen to his usual haunt: Porcini?

:P exactly what i thought when i read the subject line!!! :P
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm

Jeffersontown

by Dan Boyle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:59 am

Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Tim C. a la Porcini's is involved as well??
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 am

Dan Boyle wrote:Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Tim C. a la Porcini's is involved as well??

Speculating or passing along things you've heard, Dan? ;)

By the way, if you see our mutual friend, tell him he ought to call me ... it's getting to be time to start thinking about an encore!
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersontown

by Dan Boyle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:26 am

Speculation is only as good as the NYSE. Scary thought. Out for dinner Sat nite for wife's B-Day. Table next to us, lots of chatter.
no avatar
User

Dan Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersontown

by Dan Boyle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:29 am

Speculation is only as reliable as the NYSE
no avatar
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:19 pm

Am I the only one who will be a little disappointed if this is true? I was hoping for something more adventurous, new, and a little out of the mainstream. I think I secretly wanted La Paloma back, but at least something different... I have nothing against Pitino, but I'm sad to think of that spot as something with a big name tied to it. It will likely be busy all the time, even if the food is mediocre. I love that patio, and was hoping for a new culinary adventure all together, not another place to see and be seen. And heaven knows we don't need any more Italian food in this city (despite the fact that was a big complaint of mine when I first moved here!) Thoughts?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:50 pm

Kim H wrote:Thoughts?

If everything plays out as you speculate, Kim, I'd be disappointed, too. But we're jumping ahead of the game here, it seems to me. This is all still pretty speculative, and maybe we'll get a happy surprise! Am I a Pollyanna or what?
no avatar
User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Pitino and restaurants

by Gary Michael » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:32 pm

I would think that Coach would have learned his lesson about restaurants after the drama at his Lexington operation and the utter failure of Bravo in downtown Louisville. To be fair, his partner and GM at the Louisville location was a joke. And he is friends with a successful Providence RI restauranteur by the name of DiRaimo, who had an interest in Bravo. Perhaps the two of them are going to try it again.
no avatar
User

Jayson L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 am

DownTown

Hope I'm not posting too late on this topic

by Jayson L » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:58 pm

Robin. It was all but confirmed to me that "The current operators of Porcini" are the leading contenders for the site. My Source: Inside and very close to the owners. We were actually very interested in the location before hearing that the deal was very close to completion. Oh well....wish them the best.
no avatar
User

Jayson L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 am

DownTown

by Jayson L » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Robin. It was all but confirmed to me that "The current operators of Porcini" are the leading contenders for the site. My Source: Inside and very close to the owners. We were actually very interested in the location before hearing that the deal was very close to completion. Oh well....wish them the best.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 pm

It would certainly be believable if the owners of Porcini and Pitino teamed up to start a new venture. Porcini's is one of his haunts.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:05 pm

Leah s wrote:It would certainly be believable if the owners of Porcini and Pitino teamed up to start a new venture. Porcini's is one of his haunts.

Actually, it's widely rumored that Coach P is a significant investor as well, although of course I can't say that for certain.