Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:21 am

Nice job Ms Leah! For those of you new to the forum scroll back through the archives and find the PEOPLE MAGAZINE article with Leah's cakes mentioned. The cake photographed is stunning! You'll be looking for any excuse to buy a cake.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:10 pm

Leah s wrote:Hi! I hadn't associated the Kim(s). Waldeck Mansion, right? Glad you liked your cake!!

Waldeck - that was us! We soooo loved the cake, as did our guests! I was so busy with the typical wedding visiting, and my friend came up and said, "Have you TRIED this cake???" And I had only had the bite from our cutting, which you don't really taste with the toasting and everything going on. Weddings, you know how it gets. Anyway, my friend is also a foodie, and said, "You HAVE to taste this, for REAL..." and put a bite in my mouth. It was the Almond White with Chocolate Truffle filling (you can choose different flavors and fillings for each layer, which also we loved!). I was so glad he made me stop and taste it because it was so good! It's crazy when you're the bride, but everyone loved the cake, and I was so glad to have someone make me pause to remember why. There are a lot of people out there who can make a cake look perdy, but there aren't a lot of people who are able to make it beautiful AND taste so good. All accolades are so well-deserved, Leah, and thank you!
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Thanks again Kim!

Every time people tell me that they can't taste the difference between a boxed cake mix cake and a made from scratch cake, I tell them that they've probably never even had a from scratch cake. As I said in the interview for the C-J article, it's honest food. And it tastes good.

As passionate as the brewers around the Forum are about their beer--that's me about cake.
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:47 pm

To add just one more to the pile, this is wonderful, Leah! You're top of my mind the next time we have the right occasion -- almost makes me sad to be already married ... ;-)
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:03 pm

Great article Leah. Congratulations on your success and talents!
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Sue H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 am

by Sue H » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:44 pm

Congratulations!!! Now that is impressive!
User

Ned Weatherby

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

LaGrange

Congrats

by Ned Weatherby » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:11 pm

Congratulations Leah and thanks for all your help in the past.
Good Eats
Previous