Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sunday dining

no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Sunday dining

by Casey J. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:45 am

Robin, Have you considered making a section in HOTBYTES for Sunday dining? Sunday is a good day for us to trek to Louisville, but we are alway searching for open restaurants. We know of several, but in keeping with our tradition of trying everything that is out there, we would like a better idea of our choices.
Last edited by Casey J. on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Sunday dining

by Ethan Ray » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Casey J. wrote:Robin, Have you considered making a section in HOTBYTES for Sunday dining? Sunday is a good day for us to trek to Louisville, but we are alway searching for open restaurants. We know of several, but in keeping with out tradition of trying everything that is out there, we would like a better idea of our choices.

it may be worth doing a page for Monday dining as well...

i know most places that aren't open 7 days a week are closed usually one of those two days.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Great idea, but how to keep it current?

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:07 pm

Casey J. wrote:Robin, Have you considered making a section in HOTBYTES for Sunday dining? Sunday is a good day for us to trek to Louisville, but we are alway searching for open restaurants. We know of several, but in keeping with our tradition of trying everything that is out there, we would like a better idea of our choices.

The big problem with both Sunday and Monday dining lists is that they change so fast. Put up a list, and people change their schedules without telling us, or new restaurants open and don't get added.

The problem is that I want to provide these services, but I HATE it when people rely on a list of mine and then go to an eatery and find it closed when I told them it would be open.

That's why I generally don't list opening and closing hours, credit cards and such, but always give a phone number: My standard advice to folks is, "Call before you start the car." It's easy, and it's safe and sure.

But all that being said, got any ideas for me? If we started a list like that, is there some way the forumites could help us keep it up to date in an <i>effective</i> way? Thoughts, anyone?
no avatar
User

Ashley Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

by Ashley Dunn » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 pm

You may have to create a link to the list and provide restaurant owners or representatives a password, allowing them to update their own hours if they were to change.
no avatar
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:28 am

Someone could step up and do the site like a moderator or some such.
Call, make changes all the updates would show as new posts.
Forum would need a password to post on it.

It would be cool if it can be done. 8)
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

POTENTIAL CHOICES

by Casey J. » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:14 am

We won't hold a grudge if it is off a little. Preface it with "potential Sunday options - call first" ... A list like this would really be a big help. There are a few restaurants that it seems change their hours every week or so. I am not sure why they do that, it deters a faithful following. Thanks !!!!