Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

BLU Grille Restaurant...has anyone been recently?

by Lori R. » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:45 pm

My husband and I want to try a restaurant this evening we have not yet dined at and BLU popped in my mind. Has anyone been there recently? Recommend it? Thanks!
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:25 pm

I took someone there recently--it was fairly late and the person was staying at the Courtyard and Primo was closed.

So . . .

I just had an appetizer that was excellent. He had the filet and pronounced it excellent. I was been a bit disappointed when it first opened, and this was a limited experience, but it was good for us this time.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am

didn't the chef from Danielle's take over the kitchen there? If so, I would expect good things.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:09 am

Ron Johnson wrote:didn't the chef from Danielle's take over the kitchen there? If so, I would expect good things.

He (Allan Rosenberg) did, but he has since left. I don't know who's at BLU now.
User

Allison Williams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 10:26 am

Highlands

by Allison Williams » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:17 am

Ron Johnson wrote:
didn't the chef from Danielle's take over the kitchen there? If so, I would expect good things.

He (Allan Rosenberg) did, but he has since left. I don't know who's at BLU now.

Allen is now at Saints in St. Matthews and I hear he is wowing the crowd! He has always been such a talented Chef and since Park Place days to now even if he has changed his working address a few times I have always enjoyed his creativity and well executed dishes. YUM! I always wish the best for him!
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." ~Leonardo da Vinci
User

Richard Wethington

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Blu Grille

by Richard Wethington » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:08 am

Blu Grille has recently hired a new chef from Lexington. He was Executive Chef of the Mansion Restaurant at Griffin Gate ( 4 Star, 4 Diamond) most recently and has cooked in Omaha, New York and Miami. He has been at the hotel for about a week, but in the restaurant business for over 18 years.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Blu Grille

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:53 am

Richard Wethington wrote:Blu Grille has recently hired a new chef from Lexington. He was Executive Chef of the Mansion Restaurant at Griffin Gate ( 4 Star, 4 Diamond) most recently and has cooked in Omaha, New York and Miami. He has been at the hotel for about a week, but in the restaurant business for over 18 years.

Don't keep us in suspense ... what's his name!? ;)
User

Richard Wethington

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:06 pm

New Chef at Blu

by Richard Wethington » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:36 pm

The new chef's name is Brian Hove. He is currently getting used to the way things work around the kitchen at the restaurant and starting to make his changes. His menu will be coming out soon, probably within the next 6-8 weeks.