Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:30 pm

The Weather Channel is good and bad...It is good because it keeps people abreast of the weather and the latest watches and warnings are on within seconds after we issue them......The bad is that they tend to over hype everthing to the max.....and they have turned into a station that has a lot of made up shows in the evening instead of the weather...As far as there Forecast they use there own and you will find out that it is wrong more than right. It is made up by a computer and you will find it to change many many times in a day. Also some of there temperature data on the weather on the eights are computer generated also...It is off many times.....and as far as the Climate Expert Heidi....Well I will give you my comment on her with this.... :roll:
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

What is the NWS consensus on Globabl Warming?

by Ron Taglieri » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 pm

Lately, it seems there is much more visibility on global warming. In Europe, it is at fever pitch.

Weird thing is it is coming off a very mild hurricane season (as compared to 2005) and a relatively cold winter (after a very warm start). I know that is not what overall drives the concept, but usually media gets stoked off latest "events".

It also seems to be a mixed bag, with coastal regions suffering but more polar areas having longer growing seasons.

What say you and the boys at NWS?
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Thanks, Robert

by TanyaD » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:16 am

Thanks for the reply--I agree that they do over-hype a lot of stuff, and there's nothing more annoying than trying to get a weather forecast and instead having to wait until the latest "weather drama" show is over! But I guess it's better than not having the channel at all.
Previous