Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Shane's Rib Shack

no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Shane's Rib Shack

by Mark R. » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:32 pm

My wife and I saw this restaurant while driving around yesterday. It's located where Tijuana Flats was in the plaza next to Austin's. Has anyone tried it? If so, what did you think of it? I'm always looking for a new rib place for when I don't feel like making my own.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

Ribs

by Pam G » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:11 pm

Shane's is just OK. I have tried a few of the items there, but really only like the ribs. I did not like any of the sides, except the fries, they tasted like they were just warmed up from a can. I didn't like the sauces, I think they only have two.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shane's Rib Shack

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:16 pm

Mark R. wrote:My wife and I saw this restaurant while driving around yesterday. It's located where Tijuana Flats was in the plaza next to Austin's. Has anyone tried it? If so, what did you think of it? I'm always looking for a new rib place for when I don't feel like making my own.

I'd rate it slightly better than Pam does, but wouldn't really disagree with her. Their ribs are really fall-off-the-bones good, and of course, "Rib" is their middle name. Chopped pork is okay, hot wings not bad. Sides that we've tried all pass muster without really knocking my socks off: creamy slaw, sweet baked beans, stovetop mac'n'cheese, well-made but bland, probably made for kids' tastes. Even the collards had an odd sweet flavor. Nice-looking space, sort of vaguely reminiscent of Famous Dave's in its faux country-shack look, and the service is smiling and competent.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:20 pm

I've tried them twice and am unable to muster any enthusiasm for a return visit. It is by no means bad but with so much good BBQ around it's hard to settle for just O.K.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:44 am

There is one in northern kentucky also, but I have yet to try it.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:49 am

I know their radio commericial is annoying as anything I have heard lately. That pretty much made my mind about them.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm

I tried this place about three weeks ago. I just got a whole slab of ribs..no sides. I was not impressed. While the ribes were meaty and very tender they did not have a bbq look to them....They actually looked like they are boiled first. No pink at all on the meat. This is not a place that I would return to any time soon.....I would rate Jucys...Ken Tex...Fire Fresh and Daves much better .
no avatar
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:31 pm

I've been twice. Agree with Robert. Nothing special to set it apart or make me want to return.