Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Australian wine dinner Aug. 29 @ Limestone

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:30 am

This looks good!

For Immediate Release:
August 17, 2007

Limestone Restaurant is hosting a Australian Wine Dinner August 29th featuring all Epicurean Wines.

There will be a feature wine poured with each of the six courses served for dinner.

Some of the highlights for dinner are seared sea scallops with braised fennel and house smoked salmon citrus fume, paired with the Woop Woop Verdelho

Grilled Australian Lamb Chops on crispy layered potato, herb parsnips and plum preserves in a shiraz reduction. This is paired with Godolphin Shiraz- Cabernet

Dessert will feature Chocolate Picklers with fresh raspberries, sweet cream and toasted almonds.

The dessert is paired with Amon Ra Shiraz.

Meritt Olson the Regional Vice President of Epicurean wines will be speaking about the different vintages being offered.

This event will begin at 6:30 p.m. with the tariff at $75 plus tax and gratuity per person.

Space is limited so make reservations at 426-7477
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: Australian wine dinner Aug. 29 @ Limestone

by Steve Shade » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:39 pm

"Some of the highlights for dinner are seared sea scallops with braised fennel and house smoked salmon citrus fume, paired with the Woop Woop Verdelho"

I seldom drink wine, but I would like to order a bottle of "Woop Woop". Sounds just odd enough. But I found one that I would
really like to order.

"Cat's pee on a gooseberry bush" A New Zealand wine. Just sounds like my kind of wine.
no avatar
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 am

Steve Shade wrote:"Some of the highlights for dinner are seared sea scallops with braised fennel and house smoked salmon citrus fume, paired with the Woop Woop Verdelho"

I seldom drink wine, but I would like to order a bottle of "Woop Woop". Sounds just odd enough. But I found one that I would
really like to order.

"Cat's pee on a gooseberry bush" A New Zealand wine. Just sounds like my kind of wine.

Is that a red wine or a white wine?
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:33 am

James Paul wrote:
Steve Shade wrote:"Some of the highlights for dinner are seared sea scallops with braised fennel and house smoked salmon citrus fume, paired with the Woop Woop Verdelho"

really like to order.

Is that a red wine or a white wine?

James, Woop Woop Verdelho is a white wine - Verdelho is the name of a white grape of Portuguese origin.
<b>Here's a link</b> to some vendors on Wine-Searcher.com.
For winery information, check the <b>Woop Woop</b> Website.

"Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush" is a Sauvignon Blanc (also white) made by Coopers Creek, a New Zealand winery. It's not widely distributed in the U.S., but you can find it in a few states.
<b>Wine-Searcher.com link</b>.
Here's the <b>Coopers Creek</b> Website. You'll notice they have an extensive range of wines, many with more "normal" names, although they do produce a <b>Mother Clucker's Chardonnay</b>.

Both wines will retail around $10 in the U.S. or sell for around $20 on a restaurant wine list, prices varying to some extent around the U.S. depending on local taxes, shipping, competition, etc.