Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

NA Exchange

no avatar
User

Ian C Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 pm

New Albany, IN

Re: NA Exchange

by Ian C Hall » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Met a wonderful couple, Bob and Carol, from Goshen, KY today at The NA Exchange. They drove all the way from Oldam County to New Albany for lunch. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Hope to see you all again soon.
Ian Hall
President
The Exchange Pub + Kitchen
118 W. Main St.
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-6501
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Ian C Hall wrote:Met a wonderful couple, Bob and Carol, from Goshen, KY today at The NA Exchange. They drove all the way from Oldam County to New Albany for lunch. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Hope to see you all again soon.

A shame they didn't bring Ted and Alice with them.
'Winger
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:09 pm

Another happy customer of the NA Exchange. NJ and I stopped in for lunch today and glad we did. NJ reported her fish/cod sandwich to be yummy and my reuben was the best I've had in a while. Generous slices of lean corned beef with just a dab of sauerkraut. I hate it when I order a reuben and get a kraut sandwich instead. Both sandwiches were served on thick slices of marbled rye bread. I've noticed that a lot of places around serve their fish sandwiches on skinny slices of bread, usually rye, resulting in the bread becoming falling apart soggy about 1/2 way through...not so with the thick sliced marbled rye. I 'm not much on slaw, but NJ gave favorable reviews on the side of porter slaw.
The service was just right, but the place was far from slammed when we strolled into the place.
We'll be back.
'Winger
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks Ian. It was very nice meeting you and we certainly did enjoy our visit. We'll be back.

Bill, you and NJ are like Bob and I--he can't get away from the fish sandwich and I can't get away from the reuben! I really like the porter cole slaw and later this week they are going to have waffle fries! They chips that they have been serving (and will continue) are excellent but I, unfortunately, am I french fry freak! If you haven't, try the soups--really, really good.
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Carol C wrote:Thanks Ian. It was very nice meeting you and we certainly did enjoy our visit. We'll be back.

Bill, you and NJ are like Bob and I--he can't get away from the fish sandwich and I can't get away from the reuben! I really like the porter cole slaw and later this week they are going to have waffle fries! They chips that they have been serving (and will continue) are excellent but I, unfortunately, am I french fry freak! If you haven't, try the soups--really, really good.

Now, if I could only get a great potato pancake to go with that wonderful reuben. Anyone listening? Ian? David?
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:35 am

Dined at NA Exchange last night-got lost but found it-Thank Goodness! Simple, Stylish and a bit Rustic decor with handmade tables by our Waitress, Olivia's boyfriend! She even made one of the large round-tops! Started with Bison Nachos and Beer/Bourbon Cheese with Pretzel Bread-first time having Bison and loved it but it did have cheese and other goodness surrounding! You could actually taste the Bourbon and Beer in the Cheese and the Pretzel Bread was perfect. Michael had the fresh Cajun Rock Shrimp Pasta and was surprised with all the herb and spice flavor-which was a GOOD thing! I had the Porter Fish which was a very light, white and tender fish with the tastiest beer batter!! Ava had buttered Noodles which of course she loved. GREAT night, Olivia Rocked and it was so GREAT to see Dave and meet Ian!! Can't wait to come back-next time for a date night and music!
no avatar
User

Ian C Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 pm

New Albany, IN

by Ian C Hall » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Thanks guys, glad you were able to find us, lol. Michael, I will do my best to make it by for your Hopslam event next weekend, as I am a big fan of Bell's and your pizza at Boombooz! Win, Win! Hope to see you guys soon, and thanks for the support.
Ian Hall
President
The Exchange Pub + Kitchen
118 W. Main St.
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-6501
no avatar
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

by Jeff U » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Finally had the opportunity to visit NA Exchange on Friday evening. I don't post much, but feel compelled to share our experience!

We had the whole family together for the evening, which is a rarity. To find a place everyone agrees to can be a challenge also since we have 12, 17, 20 year olds plus the two of us. The menu covers the tastes and interests of everyone.

Jennifer was our server and was anxious to please and worked hard throughout the evening to fulfill that promise. We started off with the fried green tomatoes. They were thicker cut than most places serve, which kept them from being a slice of fried whatever. The breading was crispy and tasty.

Our entrees were all outstanding. The reuben that has been raved about on the forum was fabulous (and enormous!). The fish sandwich was also a very large portion, very juicy and flaky. I had the seafood risotto which was particularly loaded with tasty mussels. The broth I could eat as a meal by itself!. The final entree we had was the bacon wrapped salmon. Although a smaller portion than the other meals it was prepared perfectly and would be on my list to have on a future visit.

The beer selection (a key for me!) was very good. 6 or 8 beers on draft that cover a variety of styles from some of the best breweries (Bells, Dogfish, NABC). Also a good selection of bottles to complement the taps.

NA Exchange can be tricky to find. I pictured it next to Jacks, just past Rich O's (NABC), but it is down a little further and across the street from Jacks. You actually kind of go through an apartment building parking lot or something to get to it. Definitely worth finding!!

Their menu is available on Facebook.
no avatar
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:52 am

I had the pleasure of a lunch meeting at the Exchange last week. It was great to see Chef Dave and to meet Ian. The place has a nice comfortable decor, with plenty of seating. Started out with a BBC Nut Brown (it was a beer business lunch!) and the pretzel bread and beer cheese. The pretzel bread was excellent on its own, but the beer cheese made it a perfect appetizer. Dave graciously went off menu and made me his huevos rancheros while my lunch guest ordered a cheese burger that came with waffle fries and Dave's famous slaw. The portions were just the right size, not too large to make the meal uncomfortable, as the food was so good it would be impossible to stop eating. The pricing can't be beat either. With an appetizer, two beers, and two meals, we stayed under 30 before tip. Next time I visit, I'm going for that Reuben! Its great to have another local option like this around.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Todd's lunch guest was me, and I barely finished the burger. The following day, the missus wanted to go, so we lunched at NAE again and I did have the Reuben, and took half of it home. Everything was quite good on both days, and I completely endorse Todd's thoughts about decor and how nice it is to have Dave back among us on the Sunny Side.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
Previous