Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ron Taglieri

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:07 pm

East End Happenings/Buckner Review

by Ron Taglieri » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:06 pm

Noticed today there is going to be a Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Shop opening in Springhurst where the Tijuana Flats Burrito place used to be located. They are in "now hiring" phase per their sign, so it should be coming very shortly.

Also, ate over at Cornerstone Cafe today in Buckner (off Exit 17). Good place to stop if you want fairly inexpensive sandwiches or hot food (did not see item on menu greater than $6.95). I had an Egg Salad wrap which was pretty darn tasty. Service was also quick and friendly and there was a TV there to watch games.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

by Will Crawford » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:04 am

That is Laney's new place from Station House Grill. I had lunch there and it is very good comfort food.

Will
Will Crawford
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:22 am

What happened to the old place.....People in the area did not support it very well....
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:47 am

I've eaten there; she has some pretty fantastic homemade cakes. A spice cake there was awsome!
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
User

elaine m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:54 am

East End

by elaine m » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 am

I think the Homemade Pie shop will do great here. With all the young families in the area, I can't imagine that it won't be successful. :P
Of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most!