Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

Re: Dear Dave Clancy

by David Clancy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Am I on the right trail, guys? Don't let me read this in some "other" publication first ...

I'm tempted to respond in the manner of my therapist: "Let's not get too busy here."

Robin, you have it pegged, mostly, except that NA Exchange just down the street from NABC is entirely independent of NABC. It is the new restaurant project of the owner of MyBar, which will cease to exist. We'll have beer on tap there, and perhaps our bottles also (coming very soon), but there's no ownership stake or anything like that. The "gastropub" plan does indeed sound very good, and it's great for the northside, but since it isn't my place to comment further about something that isn't mine, I shan't.
Mkay, guess I should chime in here at some point? Ya think?? We are in the process of re-tooling what used to be MyBar right by Roger's digs. It will be a full service restaurant and bar featuring upscale but approachable cuisine (imagine BBC and Bank Street and we fall in between that). We are planning an extensive App/Bar menu and less entrees than at my old dive downtown with nothing over $20 but multiple micro brews (including a few of Rogers). What we are looking at doing is adding a nice dining option to that demographic that is just looking for a gnash or a full on dinner in a pub type atmosphere...A "gastropub" of sorts. Projected opening is early January but you know as well as I that things often get derailed and postponed (I got hosed on many fronts opening my place). Regardless, this is the kind of project that I enjoy the most as it allows me to think outside the box and give folks what I believe they want and I know we can deliver. I think that Ian and I will make a great team, a great venue, and a great dining option for everyone! Thank you all for your support and wish us luck!
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 am

Cool. Now I can say: Great news!!
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:43 am

Roger A. Baylor wrote:Cool. Now I can say: Great news!!
Indeed...now back to our regularly scheduled program.
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 pm

From Ian Hall via FB:
The NA Exchange will be offering a sneek peak tonight @ 9PM - around midnight with our late night bar menu and drinks!
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
Previous