Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ finds no fault with Palermo Viejo

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:03 am

There's very little to nitpick in Marty's review of Palermo Viejo, which I contend is one of the most amiable restaurants in the city and never, ever fails to please. I'd have given it 4 stars, and don't see any negative word in the review (am I missing one?) but certainly it's a strongly positive report.

[url=http://cityguide.courier-journal.com/fe/RestaurantReviews/Profile.asp?businessid=47432]International scope
Palermo Viejo mixes world quality, neighborhood charm[/url]

<B>Palermo Viejo</B>
1359 Bardstown Road
(502) 456-6461
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

Re: CJ finds no fault with Palermo Viejo

by Gretchen D. » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:30 am

Robin Garr wrote:I'd have given it 4 stars, and don't see any negative word in the review (am I missing one?)

I didn't find any negatives either and agree that this restaurant should get four stars. Our entire family (including three young kids) all LOVE this restaurant!

One other thing worth mentioning, which I think is a shame that Marty didn't give more attention to in his report, is the fantastic service you receive at Palermo Viejo. The servers are great at what they do and the kitchen is very accommodating for special requests.

He also missed out by not ordering the dulce de leche crepes with homemade banana ice cream! :wink:
User

Chris Dunn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Shepherdsville

Re: CJ finds no fault with Palermo Viejo

by Chris Dunn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:38 am

Gretchen D. wrote:He also missed out by not ordering the dulce de leche crepes with homemade banana ice cream! :wink:

That ice cream haunts my dreams. But in a good way. :)
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:44 am

Oh my gosh, those crepes are to die for. Actually most things at Palermo are....and SO SO reasonably priced. And I concur, the service staff is exemplary.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:22 am

DCE loves Palermo... best platter of meet in town. And the service is spectacular especially Sweet Mama Jess.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Couldn't agree more about the crepes and the service. Do they have a children's menu? I think we may have to go up (once the weather cools off so we can eat outside) to celebrate back to school.
no avatar
User

Francisco Elbl

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks to all

by Francisco Elbl » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:03 pm

I have yet to come off of cloud nine after the review on Sat. I also pulled up this site so that my staff could also see the wonderful things that were said about them. I have a lot of respect for my servers and my new front of the house manager Michelle Campbell. They represent and love the restaurant as much as I do and it shows. Thank you Robin for the things that you have said and again to hosting an site that continues to evolve into something beyond just place to comment on restaurants but a place where intelligent discussions on restaurants and food can take place. Once again thank you all for the great comments and I hope to see you all soon.
Francisco J. Elbl
owner Palermo Viejo
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 pm

PV is always good. One of my favorites in town.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Kids and I walked up there Saturday night and there was a pretty good crowd. Unfortunately, the only seating available was outside...which I normally love but it was just a little too warm. The hostess apologized and said they were so busy due to the review. I told her no apology necessary, I'm glad they got the kudos they deserved!
We ended up walking further down Bardstown Rd for dinner, but can't wait to come back and try for another day.
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

ditto on the crepes

by Christian Dreisbach » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:03 pm

Palermo is an absolute favorite and never fails to amaze us! We always try to recreate that perfect, light salad dressing at home but it never works. Any hints? :)
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Palermo's website?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:08 pm

Kim H wrote:Does anyone know what happened to Palermo's website?

I'm guessing (but don't know) that Fede maintained it, and with him traveling, nobody else keeps up with it, and they let the domain expire. :(