Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

WorldFest

no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

WorldFest

by Jay M. » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Just noticed on the Louisvillehotbytes.com site a link to WorldFest:

http://www.louisvilleky.gov/International/WorldFest

Clicking the link I find it very difficult to determine the dates. I had to go to the "Volunteer Opportunities" sublink to find the dates - or is it on the main page and I am blind?.

Anyway, I know from the Alliance Francaise folks that the event is Friday, Aug. 31st and Saturday, Sept. 1st. Also, note that LouisvilleHotBytes is a sponsor. Thanks, Robin (did you get a new logo - fork w/ chili pepper).

Anybody going?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: WorldFest

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm

Jay M. wrote:Just noticed on the Louisvillehotbytes.com site a link to WorldFest:

http://www.louisvilleky.gov/International/WorldFest

Clicking the link I find it very difficult to determine the dates. I had to go to the "Volunteer Opportunities" sublink to find the dates - or is it on the main page and I am blind?.

Anyway, I know from the Alliance Francaise folks that the event is Friday, Aug. 31st and Saturday, Sept. 1st. Also, note that LouisvilleHotBytes is a sponsor. Thanks, Robin (did you get a new logo - fork w/ chili pepper).

Anybody going?

Jay, I hope everyone will go. As one of the sponsors, we'll be promoting it quite a bit, and you're absolutely right, they're not making the dates and times easy to find. <gulp> I'll remind them of that.

Dates: Friday, August 31 & Saturday, September 1, 2007
Time: 11 am to 11pm, daily

The fork-and-pepper logo (HotBytes, get it?) has been around for a while - if you'll look carefully at the front page, you'll discover a version of it in the little icon next to each review or article headline. Mostly, though, we use it for things just like this, where we need a small, simple, bold icon that will stand out, and the skyline and script logo doesn't really work there.
no avatar
User

Steve Magruder

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:57 am

Louisville, KY - Iroquois/Auburndale area

by Steve Magruder » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 pm

I went last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. The aromas from the food alone make it worth the trip.

I'm not sure if I'm going this year, but I'll definitely promote it where I can.
Steve Magruder
Metro Foodist
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:16 am

I went last year and enjoyed. Lots of good food.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: WorldFest

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 am

Jay M. wrote:Clicking the link I find it very difficult to determine the dates.

Thanks to your good input, the dates and location are now shown in red at the top of the main WorldFest page. :)
no avatar
User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Music schedule

by Gary Michael » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:48 pm

Now if they will just post a schedule of music performances
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Music schedule

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Gary Michael wrote:Now if they will just post a schedule of music performances

I have one here, but it's lengthy and on paper, not digital. Let me get a note out to the organizers and see if I can get a computerized copy - if so, I'll post it.