Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 am

Specialty Beer Night! Carly Rae's every Weds.

by Brand M » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:44 am

Greetings, I'm new to the forum but I have read many a thread at the old site. I am the bar manager of Carly Rae's on 1st and Oak *old location of Leander's* but most importanly an avid beer lover.I have been given the opportunity to bring the fine people of the metro area some beers that Kentucky previously haven't had.

As most of you know, across the river the selection is much bigger and easier to obtain.Nevertheless, Weds. nights we are running specialty beer night with a mystery beer tasting at 10 P.M. for the collective at the bar. It will be a rare ,hard to get brew that you won't see in any other Kentucky bar.To kick it off right I'm going to sample at 10 P.M. my favorite all time brew this weds,that I traveled 7 hours there to get.True story,I know ....obsessed.We also have the bar menu until 2 A.M. ,four plasma screen T.V.'s,Library lounge with 9 leather sofa's.Any questions shoot me a private message.Hope to see you guys there.

Carly Rae's
http://www.carlyraes.com
Grand Opening on the 15th Thursday Patio Party

Weds. March 14th Beer Specials
Chimay Red $6 off Belgian
Skullsplitter $1.50 off Scottish
Weihenstephaner Hefe $1.50 off German
Okocim Polish Porter $1.50 off Polish
Gulden Draak $1.00 off Belgian
Rogue Extra Special Bitter $1.00 off American
Lindeman's Peche 1.00 off Belgian
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Very exciting.

by Roger A. Baylor » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:55 am

Hey, are you trying to show me up with this whole Gulden Draak thing?

Just kidding, of course. I hope to make it over and check it out soon. Right now I'm in the throes of GRavity fatigue, big time ...
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Brand M » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:24 am

Haha, I don't think any bar in the United States could claim to show you up with the line-up you're running this month for gravity head.Like the Superbowl of beer nerds.Gulden Draak on tap is extremely good though.I'm jealous you can get Boris the Crusher, only place I've found it is in Cincinatti.I will be attending the festivities tomorrow with some friends.Let me know if you decide to come down sometime, I will bring something.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Might see you.

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:17 am

What time? I have an engagement on Tuesday evening, but will be at work during the afternoon.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:30 am

Sounds good, will try to check you guys out.
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

New Glarus

by Brand M » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:22 am

Sorry Roger,the weather dictacted that I come in and help out. We had a great day on the patio. Opened 2 days early.We couldn't keep the hoard back hehe.I will be there Mon. though I promise before 5 P.M.I need an early start anyway to go through some of the list.

Everyone don't forget tomorrow Weds. is going to be a special night. I will give up one of the beers we're tasting. De Glazen Cannaster Belgian Noel Scotch ale and that's just the appetizer.The main course is a numerous world wide contest winner.Yet,it isn't distributed outside of it's very very cold remote state. I promise you it's unlike any beer you've ever had.
User

Jeff U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:57 pm

Highlands

by Jeff U » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Brand,

Thanks for showing me around the place today. For those of you that have not been to Carley Rae's you need to check it out. It is wonderfully decorated, has an unbelievable beer selection (for this side of the river) with new things being brought in from out of town and has great seating options. They have a lounge area with big puffy leather chairs that I could definitely see myself relaxing in for hours, and a huge outdoor seating area that would be great on these pleasant spring and summer evenings.

Anyway, it is a little off the normal route for many of us but looks to be worth remembering. I am looking forward to checking out the food - hopefully the kitchen pays as much attention as Brand does in the bar.

Jeff