Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Brusters Coming

no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Brusters Coming

by Eliza W » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:00 pm

I passed a sign on Lyndon Ln. saying that a Brusters is coming soon. The sign's on a vacant lot, so I'm not sure what exactly "soon" means.

My relatives in Atlanta thinks it's fantastic, and there's always a wait. I much prefer Jake's when I'm in town, but that's a strange little locally-owned place that doesn't have much of a suburban following...their chocolate slap-yo-mama is some of the best ice cream I've ever had.

Personally, I think Brusters will have their work cut out for them competing with Graeter's, but we'll have to see.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Brusters Coming

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:10 pm

Eliza W wrote:Personally, I think Brusters will have their work cut out for them competing with Graeter's, but we'll have to see.

I agree. While Bruster's is certainly a quality chain, I'm familiar with it from the ones in central Florida - there's one not too far from my Mother's place near Cape Canaveral - and I certainly wouldn't pass a Graeter's, much less a Gelato Gilberto stand - to get to one.
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 am

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:00 am

I just noticed that the ground has been broken for the Bruster's Real Ice Cream Shop in Lyndon...This place has some real interesting flavors on it's menu...I know that the first flavor that I'm gonna try is the Banana Peanut Butter Ripple...I hope it tastes as good as it sounds...

Bruster's Real Ice Cream
no avatar
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:58 am

Brusters should band together with Donut Kastle and make a donut/ice cream sundae.

Norton Immediate Care should then stock up on echocardiogram machines :)
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:55 pm

NicoleP wrote:Brusters should band together with Donut Kastle and make a donut/ice cream sundae.

No need for the extra echcardiogram machines in Lyndon because folks can now WALK down Lyndon Lane to get their Donut Kastle / Brusters Ice Cream / Sonic Slushie reward...BTW I must commend the city for installing those new Lyndon Lane sidewalks because this part of the city really needs them...
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:09 pm

Ray W. wrote:
NicoleP wrote:Brusters should band together with Donut Kastle and make a donut/ice cream sundae.

No need for the extra echcardiogram machines in Lyndon because folks can now WALK down Lyndon Lane to get their Donut Kastle / Brusters Ice Cream / Sonic Slushie reward...BTW I must commend the city for installing those new Lyndon Lane sidewalks because this part of the city really needs them...

Oh WOW!!!! Cool, now I can ride the bus for some donuts!
no avatar
User

Ray W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Lyndon

by Ray W. » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am

Brusters Ice Cream is now open in Lyndon complete with drive-thru service..I treated myself to some Banana Cream Pie Ice Cream...It may not have been made in a French Pot, but it was still some Good Stuff!