Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

OT, but relevant. MS Windows users, pease read.

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am

Just in case your PC doesn't have the correct time when you wake up this morning, follow this link to update your Microsoft Windows operating system.

http://support.microsoft.com/dst2007
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Setting your forum time

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:50 am

Note also that the forum time stamp may not update, but you can always manually set your forum time under PROFILES, by changing the time zone offset to GMT -4.
no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

Time Change

by Pam G » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:40 am

Of all things not to have the correct time, my atomic clock didn't update. And there is no way for me to manually change the time. Go figure. :(
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Time Change

by TP Lowe » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:40 pm

Pam G wrote:Of all things not to have the correct time, my atomic clock didn't update. And there is no way for me to manually change the time. Go figure. :(

Now, that's a hoot. My two did.

Didn't everyone who as SP2 get an auto update? My three laptops all updated automatically without me having to do anything.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:45 pm

TP Lowe wrote:
Pam G wrote:Of all things not to have the correct time, my atomic clock didn't update. And there is no way for me to manually change the time. Go figure. :(

Didn't everyone who as SP2 get an auto update? My three laptops all updated automatically without me having to do anything.

A lot of it has to do with how you have your automatic updates configured. I am an IT person, and the only OS I know about that you had to do nothing to was Vista. Our standard where I work is Win XP SP2 and we had to roll out the patch so all the pc's and laptops would be updated with the DST fix. I just provided the link for anyone who happened to not have the update.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

A lot of it has to do with how you have your automatic updates configured. I am an IT person, and the only OS I know about that you had to do nothing to was Vista. Our standard where I work is Win XP SP2 and we had to roll out the patch so all the pc's and laptops would be updated with the DST fix. I just provided the link for anyone who happened to not have the update.[/quote]

I had to have the same patch installed on desktops at my office, but I didn't have to do anything on the laptops. Seems quite odd! When I tried to download the patch I got a message saying the software was already in place.

Anyway, back to food discussions....
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:00 pm

TP Lowe wrote:

Maybe Pam and others have, like I, automatic atomic clock updating -- mine did.