Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:32 am

Lets see the first four paragraphs...Not about food but that it is a Chain...Of couse that has nothing to do with your un-bias review...right.... :?:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:40 am

robert szappanos wrote:Lets see the first four paragraphs...Not about food but that it is a Chain...Of couse that has nothing to do with your un-bias review...right.... :?:

In about five minutes, if this keeps up, I'm going to demonstrate one of the things that I like best of all about the new forum.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 am

Robin Garr wrote:I'm going to demonstrate one of the things that I like best of all about the new forum.

That wouldn't be this Image, would it?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:53 am

of course...dont agree with the host...your gone....wow what an unbias forum....
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:54 am

By the way you banned me from the old forum also...so nothing is new with the new forum....
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:58 am

robert szappanos wrote:By the way you banned me from the old forum also...so nothing is new with the new forum....

But it's so much easier here. :)
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 am

You know that I will not change...so do what you got to do.....
no avatar
User

AshleyChesman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:55 pm

Re: Mimi's

by AshleyChesman » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:05 pm

Amy Hoover wrote:It's a shame you didn't actually get the bread basket Robin. When I went, it was the only saving grace of the meal. One type of bread was a carrot raisin loaf and it was delicious. Everything else was bland, as expected.

I was going to say that EXACT same thing, Amy. I posted a mini review on the old hotbytes, where i said the breads, were infact, good.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Mimi's

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:06 pm

AshleyChesman wrote:I was going to say that EXACT same thing, Amy. I posted a mini review on the old hotbytes, where i said the breads, were infact, good.

The crouton, on the other hand, was only ordinary. My wife and I were joking that they probably bought it from nearby Panera ...
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:30 pm

maybe it was the SYSCO Truck...The same truck that a whole bunch of local and chains get there food from.....
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

Mimi's bread..

by Chris M » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:55 pm

The bread basket is by far and away the best thing they have got going.

I've been to Mimi's three times now and found it to be, while a giant step above Cheddar's, similar in concept. A big plate of fairly bland food.

HOWEVER, the breakfast items tend to be much better than the lunch / dinner ones and the muffins / loafs of bread are quite well done and dare I say delicious.

The first time I went I came away impressed. The last two times have not lived up to the first.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Mimi's bread..

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Chris M wrote:The first time I went I came away impressed. The last two times have not lived up to the first.

Just speculating here, but I've often noticed that new chain operations have a lot of management and trainers on hand for the first few weeks, keeping an eye on things, and that quality takes a hit shortly after they go home and leave the new place on its own.

I agree that Mimi's is much better than Cheddar's.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Mimi's Breakfast

by Kim H » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:00 pm

I wasn't too excited to see this chain opening, but when I first heard about it, I of course checked out their menu. We haven't gone there yet, and maybe will not based on the comments here, but their breakfast menu does look kind of interesting. Any more info on that?
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Bardstown, KY

Voice-Tribune: Mimi’s: Popular chain lands on Hurstbourne

by Perry Parrent » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Try their breakfast, it is better than their lunch or dinner. The wife and I order the Pain Perdu, which is 2 eggs, sausage or bacon, french toast stuffed with orange marmalade and cream cheese, fried potatoes and orange juice. I discovered Mimi's 5 years ago while on vacation in Colorado Springs. I have eaten there every year since. I have eaten at the one in Louisville 5 times so far. I have also eaten at one in Orlando FL and one in Mason OH. The one in Colorado Springs is by far the best. That is probably because it has been open the longest. One thing we like about Mimi's is the atmosphere. This is about the only chain I eat at. I think the first time I ate there was before Bob Evans bought them.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Breakfast at Mimi's...

by Mary Anne » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:47 am

I've eaten there twice now for breakfast on weekends, the second time yesterday and while edible, it isn't really much different than Bob Evans or similar places. I initially went there early on a Sunday morning, yesterday around 11, and I was overwhelmed by the number of very senior senior citizens there. I am certain my mom would find it very good, I find it, well, Bob Evansish. They were doing a booming business, people lined up out the door when I left. I personally think it's worth the drive in town to Toast or Lynn's for breakfast...
PreviousNext