Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

IMHO, it depends on when you go

by MarieP » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:47 pm

My aunt went for dinner and she had the same experience as Robin and others did. But my mom and I went for breakfast and we thought it was great. My aunt went with us and she agreed.

I had the stuffed French toast with berries, and my mom had the pumpkin pancakes with apples (last weekend of the season they were offered). The pancakes of this season are bana chocolate chip, which I thought were very good too. Both the French toast and pancakes are very flavorful and melt in your mouth. This last time, we all got omelets, which come with giant muffins. The buttermilk spice were VERY tasty. I had a crab and avocado omelet....it was great!

So please don't give up on the place until you've tried their breakfast. The only drawback I saw was that you can tell the waitstaff are new (not just at the restaurant but in general).

Sounds like they should just stick to breakfast and breads.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

My Mimi's Experience...

by Adrian Baldwin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:04 pm

...was the worst I've ever had in Louisville.....ANYWHERE.

I had heard great things about the breakfast, so I took my family there.

My mother had to send her crabcakes back Four................yes (4) times. It was frozen in the middle each time, and the last time the manager said "Look, we put it through the deep fryer twice this time, so if it's still frozen I don't know what to tell you" :lol:

Anyways, the fact that they admitted to using frozen crabcakes was enough to turn me off...

It wasn't frozen, but it was still cool, I even jammed my finger into it.

The steak was awful............my g/f's pot roast was pretty good, however.

Then, to 'make up' for our service, they gave us a slice of pie to go. Well, we get home to find out they had put a scoop of ICE CREAM on the pie........TO GO! So, the pie was melted, and basically a lukewarm icecream soup.

I will not be back to Mimi's.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:11 am

Worst ever....goes with world famous and the best I ever had.....Take it with a grain of salt....
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

Re: My Mimi's Experience...

by Chris M » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 pm

Adrian Baldwin wrote:...was the worst I've ever had in Louisville.....ANYWHERE.

I had heard great things about the breakfast, so I took my family there.

Ok... just curious. You heard breakfast was great, so you ordered crab cakes and steak?

:?
Previous