Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Java Brewing Co. adding a new location

no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelby Park

Java Brewing Co. adding a new location

by PatrickWhelan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:20 am

In December we plan to open a new JBC on Bardstown Rd across from the old Cafe Metro at the location where Reiserts Insurance stood for decades. Mike Safai will be bringing the new Trifecta brewing machine with him along with the many tasty espresso and brewed coffee offerings for the neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing the finished product in a few short weeks.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

Re: Java Brewing Co. adding a new location

by Madeline M » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:38 pm

No idea where either of those places are/were, so will there be a drive thru or feasible parking? also, what time do you open on Sundays? coffee is part of our grocery routine but I like Heine Bros, hubby likes Starbucks (blah!) so we alternate...would be nice to have a place we can both agree on!
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Madeline M wrote:No idea where either of those places are/were, so will there be a drive thru or feasible parking? also, what time do you open on Sundays? coffee is part of our grocery routine but I like Heine Bros, hubby likes Starbucks (blah!) so we alternate...would be nice to have a place we can both agree on!

It's basically the intersection of Bardstown Road and Bonnycastle (just east of there). I think a drive-thru would be impossible, and parking is, well, Bardstown Road parking. Unless it's rush hour or Friday/Saturday nights, parking shouldn't be much of a problem.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 pm

As Brad said it will be located on Bardstown Rd. just south of the Bonnycastle Ave. intersection, near the location of the Farmers Market on Bardstown Rd. There is parking in the rear of the building and a rear entrance for those walking in from the neighborhood. No drive thru planned at this location.
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 am

That is great news Patrick! I am sure the Highlands will welcome you with open arms! All the Best!
no avatar
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 am

It is good news. Since Ray's Monkey House closed up shop, that stretch has been lacking of coffee places. You have the Heine Bros. at Douglas Loop and the Heine Bros. at Bardstown and Eastern, but nothing in the Bonnycastle area, which gets a ton of foot traffic. I would expect it to do pretty well.
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
no avatar
User

PatrickWhelan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Shelby Park

by PatrickWhelan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 pm

After a lot of work and a lot of patience the new Java Brewing Company at 1707 Brdstown Rd had a "friends and family open house" tonight and will open tomorrow (Saturday) at 9am. Stop by for a fresh crepe and check out the espresso machine. It pulls incredible shots of our Espresso Especial. Oh, and if you are walking the dog or have children in tow or in a stroller, try the walk up window on the Murray Ave. side of the building for convenience.

The place looks great!
Patrick Whelan
Logan Street Market
Safai Coffee & Tea
900 E. Kentucky St.
Louisville, KY 40204
502-693-3865