Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
John R. wrote:The LEO is not an independent paper anymore and is not nearly as good as it was when it was Yarmuth's.

I'd argue that the content is consistently more interesting, and its willingness to take on serious local issues more admirable, than the husk of the once great old CJ on Gannett's watch.

I would be foolish to disagree with that comparison.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:14 am

I agree with your post Robin, having I myself worked for the LEO both before and after Yarmuth sold it. LEOs editors do a great job on content. In my humble opinion , however, LEO would be wise to get deeper involved in MORE community issues in other areas besides the downtown-Highlands-east end. There's plenty of untapped issues and news in the South and West ends. Instead LEO exerts energy into specialty publications like BOOM which has already been done dozens of times by everyone else in the city with any laptop publishing gear. (Ho hum)
With the CJ rapidly losing the confidence of the city (as is evident in this thread) now would be a great time for LEO to step up to the plate and take advantage of the situation. I bet the editors would love to put out a news meaty NEWSpaper instead of another watered down society publication. LEO certainly has the writing talent and smarts there to be utilized. Real readers READ, not just look at pictures. Answer that need and circulation picks up; circulation picks up and advertising revenue grows.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm

I've been outta town so I just saw this thread. About 6 weeks ago, there was a listing in the CJ job classifieds for a new food editor, full-time salaried employee with benefits. Maybe Sarah has just tired of the CJ and decided to move on? (no one would blame her)

I've always enjoyed Sarah's efforts there and wish her the best of luck in her next endeavor.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Jeff T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:45 pm

Louisville

by Jeff T » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:22 pm

If I am not mistaken I saw a help wanted ad for food editor for the CJ a few days ago on careerbuilder.com
Previous