Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Andrew Compton, Sullivan student MISSING

by Marsha L. » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Robin, please feel free to move this post after the initial views if you don't want it in the Restaurant forum.

A student who lives at Sullivan's Gardiner Point Residence Hall (where I work) has gone missing. I'm pretty sure he's a culinary student - I don't know him, but when I look at his picture I definitely recognize him. One thing I'm sure of, I've been feeding him all quarter (he was new at the beginning of the fall quarter).

The kid's name is ANDREW COMPTON, He's from Carmel, IN, and he was last seen almost a week ago. Nothing's missing from his room except his cell phone, MP3 (Zune) and wallet. Initial reports were that he "disappeared from the dorm" but he was actually seen last (I'm not clear by whom) on Lucia between Bardstown and Newburg last Thursday night. He was wearing a grey hoodie, v-neck t-shirt, khaki shorts and short white socks. He's got wavy blond hair, a slight build, and sometimes wears glasses. Some of the students are walking from Lucia to the dorm via Newburg this afternoon looking for clues.

I wasn't that concerned at first - after all, it was Halloween weekend, and he is a college freshman. But he hasn't been to classes or the dorm at all this week.

Please click on these links for photos of Andrew:
http://mypage.iu.edu/~comptode/Andrew.html
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/eve ... 6549739824

Many of us live/work in the Highlands, so if you see him, PLEASE report it. I'm sure his family is desperate. I don't watch TV news, but I literally can't find anything except missing notices about him on the internet - nothing from any local news outlets or the C-J.

Thanks in advance; we're all worried - hopefully he'll show up soon.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm

the other side of the river.....

Re: Andrew Compton, Sullivan student MISSING

by Becky M » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

All i can say is that my prayers are there for his safe return.
no avatar
User

Bret Donaldson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:14 am

by Bret Donaldson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Posted link on my Facebook and the ACF Chapter's. Keep us informed.
Bret Donaldson
Owner

Stellar Craft Catering &
Stellar Event Managament
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Marsha,

Has anyone filed a missing persons report on him? If not, someone needs to contact the family so they can get that started. Doing so will engage a vast array of resources in case he is found confused or insensate due to medical or other reasons. If out of state have them contact their local law enforcement agency who can enter him into the appropriate databases.

Ed
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Ed, sources say the Louisville and Carmel police are looking for him...I'm sure there's a police report by now, but I'm still confused why we don't see this in the local press.
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:58 pm

With all the political coverage in the papers, I'd find in difficult for some outlets to take the time out and run a missing person story. NOT THAT I AGREE. Just so we are clear.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Ed, sources say the Louisville and Carmel police are looking for him...I'm sure there's a police report by now, but I'm still confused why we don't see this in the local press.

You don't read about it because of the staggeringly sad and frightening number of missing persons.

In the U.S. alone the F.B.I. reports the yearly statistics. For 2009 the number of entered missing persons reports to N.C.I.C. was 719,558; of those 96,192 were still active as of December 31, 2009.

In Metro Louisville between October 4 & November 4 there were well over 200 missing person cases opened. Many of those are for children that were late getting home from school, took the wrong bus, were hiding in another part of the house. Juveniles getting angry and running away. Diminished capacity individuals with alzheimers or other dementia. Missing husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers. Parental abandonment, cars stolen with children inside....the list goes on.

The majority of those reports are closed within hours or days.

I hope Andrew is found safe and sound and just took a walkabout.

Keep the faith.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Marsha L. wrote:Robin, please feel free to move this post after the initial views if you don't want it in the Restaurant forum.

Leave it. This is where the restaurant community comes together, and this is important. You made the right choice, Marsha.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Robin, I copied your link on FB and put it on mine as well. If anyone else here can post it on their FB page it could be helpful.
no avatar
User

Madeline M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Greater 'burbs of Detroit

by Madeline M » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:37 am

They did run a story this morning on WAVE3, so hopefully they'll continue to run it and something will come up.
no avatar
User

Karen H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:26 pm

by Karen H » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:06 am

Any updates????
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Becky M » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:50 am

Unfortunately, not much. Read a couple of news reports that he met someone online, the person was interviewed but not being held as a suspect. No activity on his bank account, etc. His parents are obviously having a hard time. They believe he is being held against his will and being hurt. I do not know now to post links.... sorry.

I have been thinking about this boy since Marsha posted this. I cannot imagine what his family is going through, i am just praying and keeping faith that they will get their son back.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 am

Becky M wrote: They believe he is being held against his will and being hurt. I do not know now to post links.... sorry.

Is there a reason they suspect this? Does the kid have enemies?

This is a grave situation, I hope the guy is ok and turns up safe.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:30 am

No known enemies. Very quiet kid.

The Police have questioned the guy that picked him up from the dorm the night he disappeared, but have not charged him with anything yet. Apparently they met through an online dating site, and had met in person one time previously. The guy told police that Andrew left his home on Lucia Avenue on foot early Friday morning while he, the guy, was intoxicated. (Andrew's family and friends have never known him to drink at all.)
Marsha Lynch
no avatar
User

Becky M

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Becky M » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am

RonnieD wrote:
Becky M wrote: They believe he is being held against his will and being hurt. I do not know now to post links.... sorry.

Is there a reason they suspect this? Does the kid have enemies?

This is a grave situation, I hope the guy is ok and turns up safe.

i am just relaying what i read in a newslink online. i do not know how to post the link though. it didnt say why the parent's suspect this, i would guess because they are parents and are fearing the worst.

you are right, it is a very serious, life altering situation.

i am still praying for his safe return and that where ever he is, he can kind find some kind of peace and faith in his heart.
Next