Home | List of Restaurants | Restaurant Sites | About Us | Contact Us

Louisville Restaurants Forum

Skip to content

Visitors: Want to join the forum? Contact us by Email

Welcome to the interactive Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Visitors: Want to join the forum? Contact us by Email

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

We've changed our system for registering in the forum. Because of heavy traffic from offshore "spammers" seeking to join the forum so they can post ads for scam, phishing or malware sites, we have discontinued allowing individual registration.

However, if you're a real person who really wants to talk with us about good things to eat and drink in Louisville, you are still most welcome here.

Just send an Email to me at rgarr@louisvillehotbytes.com with the following information:

1. Your real name.

2. The log-in/username you prefer. This must be your real first name and last name, with a space, or if you are shy about using your full name, then your first name and last initial is permissible, but I need to know your full name.

3. A password of at least six letters. (You may change this after you join the forum.)

4. The Email address you want associated with this membership. It must be a live, working Email; otherwise, registration will fail.
Robin Garr
Forum host

Re: Trying to join the forum? Register with your real name.

Postby Robin Garr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:35 pm

Further note: Real world format means upper and lower case and a space between names. We absolutely need a first name so we know what to call you.

So, again, "jbjones" won't work.

Why are we such sticklers? FIrst, because the forum has a fair amount of traffic, we have a Google profile, and spammers - many in China, India and Eastern Europe - constantly try to get in. One way to block a lot of them is to have a specific names policy and strictly enforce it. The other reason is that we've learned that putting our real names on our party name tags makes for a more civil forum. Calling each other by our real names is important to us.

So, consider it an entrance exam and try to pass. Get it right: Firstname Lastname or, with permission in advance, Firstname L, and you'll be activated in the forum on your first try. :)
Robin Garr
Forum host

Re: Visitors: Want to join the forum? Contact us by Email

Postby Robin Garr » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Looking back to my last review of Lynn's, I think I can still pretty comfortably stand on this observation I placed there:

" ... the outsize personality Lynn Winter, its proprietor since the beginning, has added a colorful dimension to the place, building a reputation that goes far beyond Louisville’s borders.

*This may be attributable as much to public relations as to any exceptional awesomeness. I think I remember where it all started, with an early visit by a well-known national food writer who did his 'research' by dropping by The Courier-Journal to ask for tips to iconic local places, was sent to Lynn’s, was amused by its fun mix of diner fare and abundant tchotchkes, and wrote it up. Other national media soon took notice, designated Lynn’s as a “Wacky Louisville Place To Eat,” and it has come to the point where Food Network and its like can hardly come to town without making an obligatory visit."
Robin Garr
Forum host

Return to Louisville Restaurants Forum