Welcome to the interactive Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User avatar
User

Annemarie M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

2806

Joined

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:20 pm

Location

east end by norton commons

a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Annemarie M » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:49 pm

a friend of mine in foodie sales, tells me that a cattleman's steakhouse is being built in shepherdsville.
set to open sometime in spring of 2011.
Annie vs. Kentucky
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.
Image
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by David R. Pierce » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Great, another chain for Sheep Town.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User avatar
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

417

Joined

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Location

Bullitt County KY

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by BevP » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I would love , love ,love to have a nice independant place out here in Bullitt County....we do wear shoes, we know our manners and we tip well :)
no avatar
User

Michael Mattingly

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

159

Joined

Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:46 am

Location

Paris, France

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Michael Mattingly » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:27 pm

I've heard good things about Country Cupboard but I've never tried it. Isaac's Cafe in Bernheim is pretty decent as well. Triple Crown Steakhouse, unfortunately, is pretty bad.
no avatar
User

Rick G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

116

Joined

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:05 am

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Rick G » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Cattleman's Roadhouse is independently owned and operated and not a chain. They started in Shelbyville and then opened one in Frankfort and they felt Shepardsville would be a perfect fit. Ok now they will have three restaurants so if you think that is a chain then places like the Bristol and the two Z's and Z's fusion would be chains. Cattleman's is as independent as these two. Don't judge them till you see what they do. You will be surprised at the decor in the Shepardsville store. The people of Bullit County will be proud.
User avatar
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

417

Joined

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Location

Bullitt County KY

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by BevP » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Rick G wrote:Cattleman's Roadhouse is independently owned and operated and not a chain. They started in Shelbyville and then opened one in Frankfort and they felt Shepardsville would be a perfect fit. Ok now they will have three restaurants so if you think that is a chain then places like the Bristol and the two Z's and Z's fusion would be chains. Cattleman's is as independent as these two. Don't judge them till you see what they do. You will be surprised at the decor in the Shepardsville store. The people of Bullit County will be proud.

After looking at their website I am really looking forward to their arrival. I think this might do pretty well out this way.
User avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1389

Joined

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Location

Mellwood Heights!

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by RonnieD » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Bill Hisle and Stuart Meredith do an exceptional job with the Cattleman's Steakhouses. They are definitely NOT a chain in any sense of the word. The original store in Shelbyville is awesome. The burgers are BIG and very tasty! A great and filling lunch. I hope they knock it out of the park a third time!
Ronnie Dingman.
Operations Executive
J. Gumbo's
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by David R. Pierce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:56 am

Sorry, I had them confused with the Cattleman's in Oklahoma and the Cattleman's in Texas and the Cattleman's in ...

Easy mistake.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1404

Joined

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Location

Highview

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Kyle L » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:50 am

I'm sure you had to explain the "Yes, it says BBC. But we are not really the same" story at least twice a day, Dave.
“There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people… Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.”
~Linus Van Pelt
User avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1729

Joined

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

Location

Bank Street Bewhouse by day, Crescent Hill by night.

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by David R. Pierce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 am

Kyle L wrote:I'm sure you had to explain the "Yes, it says BBC. But we are not really the same" story at least twice a day, Dave.

At least. Glad to be past that.
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
New Albanian Brewing Co.
New Albany, IN 47150
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
User avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1389

Joined

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Location

Mellwood Heights!

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by RonnieD » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:23 pm

David R. Pierce wrote:
Kyle L wrote:I'm sure you had to explain the "Yes, it says BBC. But we are not really the same" story at least twice a day, Dave.

At least. Glad to be past that.


I just want to know why you guys run so much "Dr.Who" and the same 4 episodes of "Kitchen Nightmares" over and over and over.

Oh, you're not that BBC... :wink:
Ronnie Dingman.
Operations Executive
J. Gumbo's
no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

659

Joined

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Alison Hanover » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:29 pm

That is exactly what I think of everytime I see BBC. Also, every time I see UK to me is United Kingdom not the other UK haha
RonnieD wrote:
David R. Pierce wrote:
Kyle L wrote:I'm sure you had to explain the "Yes, it says BBC. But we are not really the same" story at least twice a day, Dave.

At least. Glad to be past that.


I just want to know why you guys run so much "Dr.Who" and the same 4 episodes of "Kitchen Nightmares" over and over and over.

Oh, you're not that BBC... :wink:
Alison Hanover (the random Englishwoman)
Owner A.J.'s Gyros To Go
Facebook: A.J.'s Gyros
User avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Posts

1404

Joined

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Location

Highview

Re: a new steakhouse to open in shepherdsville

by Kyle L » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:05 pm

There's another UK?

:wink:
“There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people… Religion, Politics, and The Great Pumpkin.”
~Linus Van Pelt

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Richard Meyer, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign