Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Amerigo offering Sunday Brunch

no avatar
User

Anthony Lorie

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Louisville

Amerigo offering Sunday Brunch

by Anthony Lorie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:49 pm

Just a note to inform that we are offering a Sunday brunch from 10:30 am to 2 pm. Here is a link to the menu: http://amerigo.net/resources/HTML/Louisville_Brunch.htm
If anyone has any questions feel free to post or e-mail.
Thanx,
Anthony Lorie
Chef, Amerigo
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:05 pm

Oops . . .there I go again. Every time I see the word Brunch my mind immediately thinks "buffet."
Oh well.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lorie

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Anthony Lorie » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:28 pm

Thats odd, Brunch makes me think of getting the best of both breakfast and lunch at a resonable time after church or a night out with friends. Come join us and see if we can change your opinion on brunch!
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:21 am

We've been to Amerigos and loved the food. In fact we were there last Saturday. The brunch = buffet thing is a personal bias, discussed previously on the Forum among a number of us.
no avatar
User

Anthony Lorie

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Anthony Lorie » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:04 pm

Great to hear you stopped in. The next time you do, please introduce yourself, I have seen your work online. Impressive.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:59 pm

Thanks.

We did send you our compliments via the hostess and I left my card with our server. We will be back for lunch or dinner!
no avatar
User

Anthony Lorie

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

by Anthony Lorie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:56 pm

I look forward to it!!!
no avatar
User

Dan Baumann

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 pm

by Dan Baumann » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:00 pm

I'm right there with you, Leah - brunch = buffet. I have to remember to check before I set out expecting a brunch buffet!
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:00 pm

Went to Amerigo this evening. Without going into too much detail the food was good, I had the alfredo with ham and smoked chicken and my dad had the fish of the day which was halibut prepared on a cedar plank.

I'd put them solidly in the three star range (out of four).
no avatar
User

Paul Pfister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

greater Germantown

Amerigo

by Paul Pfister » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 am

Was in the neighborhood and stopped for dinner last night. The place was pleasantly busy for a Wednesday at 8:00. Started with the jumbo lump crab cakes. My bride(the expert) pronounced them "Excellent." I had the eggplant Parmigiana which was extremely tasty. My bride, after the crab cakes decided on a salad and ordered the Cesaer bow tie pasta salad. This thing could feed a nursery school class. It also had a wonderful flavor.

Had an opportunity to meet Chef Lorie after dinner. He was very personable and was interested in what we thought of his food. It was a very pleasant experience, one to be repeated soon.
"a pinch or a pound, a tad or a ton"-Nuts n Stuff