Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

Seconding BBC

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:10 am

That's a good call. I dropped in last week to try Jerry's fine Heine Bros coffee stout, and the place was hopping. I'd mark it down for persisting in selling mass-market light clueless lotion in bottles, but what the heck; none of us are perfect. There's booze, often music, sports on television, and great beer for those who know enough to drink it. A good combination, and it's been there for almost 15 years.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 am

Two of my favorites:

Cumberland Brews, great beer, atmosphere and great Jerk Jamican Chicken Wings

TK's Pub in Fern Creek, good food and music and bartenders that have been there a long time, better for drinks than beer.
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:37 pm

The D Marie, RIP.

Other than that, I suppose, is Freddie's. Low-key, boxing, okay jukebox, surprisingly unscary restrooms.
no avatar
User

Paul Pfister

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:57 pm

greater Germantown

by Paul Pfister » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 pm

Being a long time Schnitzelburger I would be remiss if I did not mention the establishments from Burnett St. to Goss. Ave. All of the taverns have plenty of cold beer, good bar food and heavy pours to make for an affordable evening while reflecting the hospitality of the Germantown neighborhood.

That being said, I would have to second the earlier mention of the Old Seelbach Bar as the one, single place to take an out of town guest.
"a pinch or a pound, a tad or a ton"-Nuts n Stuff
User

Ashley D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Louisville

by Ashley D » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Volare
El Mundo (upstairs)
Bourbons
Primo
Nios

We went to BBC on 4th Street the other night after a show at Brown Theatre. They had the big front windows open, so there was a nice breeze. It was very enjoyable! I had never been down there at night, but I will be going back. Great "city" feel.
User

Peg O'Neill

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 pm

by Peg O'Neill » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm

Oh - Flabby's! How could I forget Flabby's!
User

Doug W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

BBC St. Matthews

by Doug W » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:05 pm

I've always liked stopping in for a beer and some food at BBC. It's especially nice when you can hang out in the beer garden on a great day - I wish I was on the deck with an APA right now!

Cheers,

Doug.
Previous