Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Anybody tried Ce' Fiore yet?

no avatar
User

Clay_C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 am

Anybody tried Ce' Fiore yet?

by Clay_C » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:53 pm

It's a little Italian yogurt shop next to the Bardstown Road Qdoba (over on the Eastern Parkway side). The yogurt has a really good tangy taste, nicely balanced with the sweet flavor, and can be topped with fresh berries, mango, kiwi and the like.

I'm pretty infatuated with the place just now.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Anybody tried Ce' Fiore yet?

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Clay_C wrote:It's a little Italian yogurt shop next to the Bardstown Road Qdoba (over on the Eastern Parkway side). The yogurt has a really good tangy taste, nicely balanced with the sweet flavor, and can be topped with fresh berries, mango, kiwi and the like.

I'm pretty infatuated with the place just now.

I saw it the other day and was intrigued, but couldn't stop. Is it only yogurt, or do they have gelato as well?
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:12 pm

I'm excited to try it!

For some reason though my computer wants me to install the KOREAN language pack before going to their website?!?! lol....
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

amy lyons

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Highlands

no gelato

by amy lyons » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:35 pm

but they have a green tea soft yogurt when topped with asian sweet bean and coconut is amazing.
"All I ask of food is that it doesn't harm me."
Michael Palin
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:44 pm

It's only yogurt no gelato. Nice decor. But in my several years working and studying in Italy I never once saw frozen soft serve yogurt. This is American dressed up as Italian.
They do serve Lavazza espresso but I don't know if anyone there knows how to use the machine. I'm going to stop in on Friday night after a beer & burrito at Q-doba.
Last edited by Matthew Landan on Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Clay_C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 09, 2007 8:36 am

by Clay_C » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:46 pm

Just yogurt, but it is much more flavorful than anything you would get at a TCBY or anything like that. I especially liked the quality of the fruit toppings. The berries and mango were all fresh and perfectly ripe-it seemed as if they had put a lot of effort into making sure the fruit was really good.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:47 pm

We've been there a few times in the past month. I didn't care for the yogurt, just because I prefer a sweeter (ice creamier) taste. My son loved it though. It definitely is not like frozen yogurt from TCBY or anything.
I like to get the shaved ice, I think they call it snow ice? Little melt in your mouth shavings of ice. If you're eating there, it's served in a HUGE ceramic bowl, topped with berry flavored syrup and sweetened condensed milk. Then you get your choice of 5 toppings! The toppings are great, and a variety that you never see at regular ice cream shops. Fresh fruit like kiwi, mango, pineapple, pomegranate...almonds and nuts, plus candies like M&M's. It doesn't stop there- after the 5 toppings they top it with the frozen yogurt!
I just get mine with extra milk and then fruit and almonds, I pass on the yogurt. The portion is so huge to begin with I can't imagine having even more to eat!
We like to walk up there on Friday evenings because the area there and outside Qdoba is packed, and they usually have a band or musician there.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:43 pm

What kind of price range are we looking at? Is it fairly reasonable in your estimation? Or should I just go get a gallon of frozen yogurt and cut up some fresh fruit? 8)
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Not my taste

by RichardM » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:58 pm

I tried it about three weeks ago. I was not impressed. I found the yogurt to be sour cream tasting. I can't hold that against them, since it was my taste buds that did not respond to the raspberry bowl of it. Now my SSU liked her green tea flavored cup.

I was also unimpressed with the service. H.S. teens, sans a smile, and very little product knowledge.

Richard
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:55 pm

The original and blackberry mixed together topped with raspberries is a yummy combination. The blackberry helped mellow the sour cream flavor. I definitely don't think that I could eat there too often, but it was certainly refreshing on a hot afternoon. I think it was like $14 for the two of us.
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

sour cream taste

by Nora Boyle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 pm

Sour cream tang would be a normal association I would make with real yogurt, wouldn't you agree?
User

James Paul

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:08 am

Seymour, Texas

by James Paul » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:38 am

MarieP wrote:What kind of price range are we looking at? Is it fairly reasonable in your estimation? Or should I just go get a gallon of frozen yogurt and cut up some fresh fruit? 8)

That is good to do anyway. Share with a friend.
Every days a holiday and every meals a feast !
User

Jessica Devine

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 pm

Germantown

by Jessica Devine » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:35 am

I don't really like sour cream, but I love real yogurt so, no, I don't associate the two.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:58 am

Finally stopped by last night.. and wow was i impressed! I got the raspberry-pomegranate yogurt with big plump raspberries. Yum it was creamy and icey with the perfect amount of tang. My friend got the original flavor (akin to a mild vanilla yogurt) with chocolate, raspberries and granola; an A+ pairing.
As if the frozen desserts wernt enough to make us love the place, the owner was there behind the counter eagerly offering samples and encouraging us to try everything. He seems to have meticulously concentrated on every detail of the shop. When i commented on how fresh and ripe the fruit was, he said that his wife goes out every morning in search of the best produce to serve that day. It seems to be a real family-operated joint and i wish them the best of luck.
With such a prime location and quality product, Ce Fiore should have no problem being welcomed into the bardstown road scene.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:12 am

oo, i forgot to mention that they have the nutrition facts posted prominently on the counter- what other dessert parlor can do that in good conscience?
from what i remember there are 25 calories per ounce, 0 fat and 4 or 5 carbs. A small serving is a very generous 4-5 ounces, which isnt quite enough to leave me with a major guilt trip or to qualify as a "splurge". at least thats my excuse. :)

i just dug the receipt out of my purse, so ill go ahead and relay that info as well- a small was $3.25 plus the raspberry topping added .95cents. My friend got the medium "combo", which was your choice of 3 toppings for $4.95. Grand total- $9.70.
Much less than we would have spent at Coldstone right down the street for a similar "build it yourself" experience, and all without feeding the corporate machine!!