Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Questions for the host

User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

Questions for the host

by DeeDee D » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Robin, do you have a schedule on when you review new restaurants? Just seems like a lot of the reviews are getting a bit dated and so many things change in the restaurant biz, with new menu's, new chefts, etc. that it seems like there would be more updates. I hate to be greedy, but you do such worderful work (this is the sucking up part), that we all just want to read more of your infinate food wisdom. Is it normal to do re-reviews of previous work you have done or would you post other reviews by other local critics? Love the site and the forum, just a general question on updates. Thanks
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Questions for the host

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:43 pm

DeeDee D wrote:Robin, do you have a schedule on when you review new restaurants? Just seems like a lot of the reviews are getting a bit dated and so many things change in the restaurant biz, with new menu's, new chefts, etc. that it seems like there would be more updates. I hate to be greedy, but you do such worderful work (this is the sucking up part), that we all just want to read more of your infinate food wisdom. Is it normal to do re-reviews of previous work you have done or would you post other reviews by other local critics? Love the site and the forum, just a general question on updates. Thanks

Tough question, DeeDee! I don't have a schedule, and I do agree that I'm less likely to get back to a place than I am to check out a new one - mainly because there are so many new ones! I do have a few of the big names on my list to go back to during coming months, though. And note also that, since I'm known at some of the big places, I may also send in a representative from the LEO team to do a job anonymously if I can't do it that way.

Bottom line, though, I do tend to try to give priority to new places before I re-review. I kind of got more stringent about that when Marty's predecessor was at the CJ, because she seemed to go back to places that she liked almost too much, so I got in the habit of erring in the other direction.