Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Duck Breasts-Retail?

no avatar
User

JohnS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Duck Breasts-Retail?

by JohnS » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:01 am

Madeline M wrote:Bret... do you guys by chance sell Beef Heart? and how can I get my hands on some? I need very lean meats for my dogs that I have to homecook for.

Viet Hoa Oriental Market on Preston Highway usually has various organ meats in their meat case at the rear of the store. I've seen beef hearts and pork hearts once or twice in there, but its not something I usually shop for, so no idea if they are a regular item. Might be worth checking tho.

7100 Preston Highway
Louisville, KY 40219-2730
(502) 964-4447
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 pm

I wanted to report that we just picked up a few fresh duck breasts at Fresh Market today. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.
Bill
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Bret Donaldson wrote:Restaurant Depot. Individually or by the case. Also whole ducks, duck leg quarters, and half duck. All are from Maple Leaf Farms.

Other fun stuff: Whole Halal goat and lamb, cubed goat meat, whole rabbit, cornish hens, beef tongue (Angus), smoked pigs tails.

(Disclaimer: I am a member of the management team at RD)

Too bad that many of us cannot take advantage of your facility!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Previous