Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Kunz's BBQ Sauce

no avatar
User

LMoore

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Kunz's BBQ Sauce

by LMoore » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:10 pm

I had a question maybe someone could help me with. My parents have been buying the BBQ sauce that the recently closed Kunz's restaurant used to sell all over town. My father would go to the restaurant and purchase about 3 gallons of the stuff about every six months to be distributed between them my sister and myself. Upon his last visit to Kunz's he was told they would be closing but the sauce should still be available at the same places around town that had always sold it (Kingsley's, Mike Best, Doll's, Burger's...etc).
Well it turns out none of these places has it and they all say that it's gone. This may seem silly but we have all been trying to find a good substitute but none appear to be close. Is there any way to find out the recipe for this sauce or if someone would be willing to make it that knows and sell it "on the side"?
Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated since this sauce has been around all my life (40 years) and it would be sadly missed if we couldn't get it anymore.
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

I've sent Fred a PM

by Bill Veneman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:20 pm

Fred Kunz is a member of this forum......I dropped him a line that you had left this question, and hopefully he'll reply soon!
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

LMoore

{ RANK }

Just got here

by LMoore » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:23 pm

Great news! Thanks.
no avatar
User

Danny E.

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:29 pm

by Danny E. » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:34 pm

I was at the Kingsley's on Taylorsville Rd the other day and saw it there. I thought it was odd they had it since the restaurant closed.
no avatar
User

LMoore

{ RANK }

Just got here

by LMoore » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:44 pm

Danny E. wrote:I was at the Kingsley's on Taylorsville Rd the other day and saw it there. I thought it was odd they had it since the restaurant closed.

I called them and they said they don't have any right now.
no avatar
User

Fred Kunz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:36 pm

by Fred Kunz » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:28 pm

I have no idea where they are getting it from
no avatar
User

JCundiff

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Lexington, Kentucky

Kunz's BBQ

by JCundiff » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Kingsley's 2701 Taylorsville Rd. 502-459-7211 has the sauce in pints or gallons. Pretty sure John (Kunz) is making it. I love this stuff! :wink:
"You can judge the character of someone by the way they treat somebody that they think can do nothing to or for them" Malcolm Forbes