Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Blue Dog Bakery

no avatar
User

JacquelineW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:34 am

St. Matthews

Blue Dog Bakery

by JacquelineW » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:57 pm

I am finally going to venture out to Blue Dog Bakery tomorrow after my morning run. Since I have never been there I'm not really sure of what they have and would love some suggestions of what to try. Thanks.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Blue Dog Bakery

by Robin Garr » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:32 pm

JacquelineW wrote:I am finally going to venture out to Blue Dog Bakery tomorrow after my morning run. Since I have never been there I'm not really sure of what they have and would love some suggestions of what to try. Thanks.

Will you be there for breakfast or lunch, Jacqueline? We usually go in for breakfast and have either pastries (they make excellent croissants) or just have them slice and toast a basket full of their warm fresh levain and serve it with a dab of butter. And espresso drinks. They do have a couple of brunch-type dishes, but I never get them ... not that it's not good, just that the bread makes such a simple and excellent continental breakfast.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

YUm YUM YUM YUM

by Heather Y » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Poached eggs Piperade..... tomatoes, peppers and eggs!
Delicious!
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 pm

I'm with Heather Y when it comes to their Poached eggs Piperade. It's worthy of Nirvana eh Heather?