Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Fresh Market Proposed for Brownsboro Inn Site

by Jon K » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Lots of pluses and a few minuses if this comes to be. The Brownsboro Inn site at US 42 and Rudy Lane would be a terrific location for Fresh Market. On the other hand, traffic at this corner is really bad.

CJ story http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070309/NEWS01/70309016
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Re: Fresh Market Proposed for Brownsboro Inn Site

by Bill Veneman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Traffic is an issue for the FM on Shelbyville Road......but the one thing I can say about it is there is a traffic light to get out into traffic.....and no direct exit that would cause the scary conditions that you tend to encounter with the idiots turning left out of Stonefield Square at rush hour. Why, oh why, do people insist on turning left without a light, when they can go 1/4 block and have a light......beyond me.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:30 pm

I have never seen enough traffic coming out of the Fresh Market on Shelbyville Road that a problem was created. I can't imagine one on Brownsboro Road would be anything but a positive - especially compared to the eyesore hotel.
Last edited by TP Lowe on Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Jon K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Terrible traffic

by Jon K » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:45 pm

Actually, the Rudy Lane/ US 42 intersection is a mess. The CJ article is correct in pointing out that some of this is when Dunn Elementary is starting or ending the school day. But, even from 5 to 6 p.m. it can take 3 cycles of the light to clear the intersection. Maybe something can be done to improve the exit from the poperty to help with the traffic flow. Couldn't agree more that the Inn is a mess. Our relatives used to call it the Bates Motel.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

A bank also?

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:55 pm

Boy, we REALLY need another bank there . . . I mean, there are only 17 banks now within three blocks of the site, and that is obviously a glaring need for another in the area.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

MichaelBolen

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:03 pm

by MichaelBolen » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:32 pm

i just dont understand, where do all these banks come from? i mean they must know something i dont know bc theyre making money and im not lol
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

Yes, the traffic sucks

by Heather Y » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:08 pm

especially on Friday, when everyone wants to get into the brownsboro center to go get booze, last minute hardware, but especially the booze.

I would love a fresh market at that corner, I would walk there from my home, ( we have sidewalks now ya know) everyday!

I hope it happens!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Fresh Market

by Kim H » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:46 pm

I'm torn - on the one hand, it would be great to have a Fresh Market so close, but I'm concerned about the traffic that already exists in this area. And they're building that high rise condo down the street from there, which will only add to the madness. Not sure if the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

High rise condo.

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:54 pm

I wouldn't call 10 stories a high rise, unless I was from, say, Bloomfield.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

High Rise

by Kim H » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:15 pm

For around here, I consider 10 stories a high rise. And plenty of room for lots of people with CARS.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

High rise condo.

by Doogy R » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:21 pm

OK. We have a downtown with 30 and 40 story buildings and a 61 story on the way, but I reckon 10 stories could still be a high rise.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

high rise

by Heather Y » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:24 pm

I think that there are a lot of people in the area (empty nesters) who are selling their homes, and moving into Seminary woods. So they are already driving back and forth along the corridor.

I would not mind if we had a fresh market ... just because it would be right down the street from me, there could be a concern how it would affect Doll's market. Although, I believe the market is strong enough for both.

What I don't want to see is another Panera bread, now THAT would cause a lot of traffic. People like to eat out in Louisville, more so than going to the grocery store. (never really long lines in Kroger) besides, my concern would be for dear Bill at Shady lane Cafe!

I will be going to the meeting at the Brownsboro Inn tomorrow
Will let you know what came out of it.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Louisville

Re: High rise condo.

by Kim H » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:29 am

Doogy R wrote:OK. We have a downtown with 30 and 40 story buildings and a 61 story on the way, but I reckon 10 stories could still be a high rise.

Key word - DOWNTOWN. I don't live downtown, and so, yes, I reckon 10 stories is high rise for a residential area. :P
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: High rise condo.

by Doogy R » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:13 pm

Kim H wrote:
Doogy R wrote:OK. We have a downtown with 30 and 40 story buildings and a 61 story on the way, but I reckon 10 stories could still be a high rise.

Key word - DOWNTOWN. I don't live downtown, and so, yes, I reckon 10 stories is high rise for a residential area. :P

The Glenview, just next door to the new 10 story Seminary Woods project, is 12 stories. So it would seem there is already a high rise in place in that area. Actually, I think Seminary Woods is a much nicer looking building than the Glenview. By the way, I live in the general area as well. I find that if I don't drive around the Watterson overpass area during rush hour, traffic generally moves fairly well. What is really going to cause problems will be the proposed Midlands development on 22 just past 42.

http://louisville.bizjournals.com/louis ... tory3.html

http://www.midlandsproject.com/

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=363150
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

Dairy queen

by Heather Y » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:38 pm

Is that the property behind Dairy Queen and goodwill!

jeez, is nothing sacred anymore?
Next