Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

bourbon bros

no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

bourbon bros

by John R. » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:07 am

So I go to check bourbon bros out on friday around 8:30 because on their site it says they are open till 10 on friday. They were closed for some reason. They might have had a note but I didnt get out to check. I am curious as to why they were closed early because that building they just moved into has a stigma. It is all rumor but I have talked to previous tenants about that space and they say the owner is a little whacky and that its a bad idea to rent that property for a business. I wonder if the brothers are finding that out or I am just creating more rumor?
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: bourbon bros

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:18 am

John R. wrote:So I go to check bourbon bros out on friday around 8:30 because on their site it says they are open till 10 on friday. They were closed for some reason.

Closing on a Friday night doesn't sound good! I've been over a couple of times for lunch, and the barbecue and sides are just as good as ever. I'd like to get back in the evening, when they expand to a broader steakhouse menu, and I hope they're open when I go!

Your comments about the owner are kind of pushing the edge since you're reporting second-hand rumors about someone you don't know or really know anything about. I'd be cautious unless you've got some more specific information to share.

But certainly for whatever reason that place has been a real revolving door since Shariat's left, and I've got to say it does feel just a little funny to have the stained glass maharajah in the front entrance and the silver Indian elephant statues inside a barbecue joint. ;)
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Your comments about the owner are kind of pushing the edge since you're reporting second-hand rumors about someone you don't know or really know anything about. I'd be cautious unless you've got some more specific information to share.

Now Robin, you are undermining my questioning technique. :P I did preface it by saying that it was rumor. My way of letting the reader know that I undertand that the info I received directly from both previous tenants, is dubious at best and totally takes the responsibility for saying what was said off my back. Besides, I know they could both have chips on their shoulders. So I called it a rumor and threw it out there in hopes that the owner or someone in-the-know could "set the record straight". I find when people defend themselves, they are much more eager to answer questions. It also, probably has nothing to do with Bourbon Bros closing early on Friday. Seemed like a good segway

I of course led people to believe that Bourbon Bros being closed was my question. I just am seriously too curious about the "revolving door" situation with that place. My first inclination is that it is just a bad location but having heard twice that there was conflicts of interest made me want to know more. It is an unhealthy obsession. :P
Last edited by John R. on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
no avatar
User

Joseph Frase

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 8:30 pm

by Joseph Frase » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Got some BBQ from them friday for staff party and they told us they were colsing for the next couple of days to have their A\C worked on.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Mark Twain
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 pm

el mundo joe wrote:Got some BBQ from them friday for staff party and they told us they were colsing for the next couple of days to have their A\C worked on.

Awesome, thanks Joe. I guess they just decided to close early Friday. It still leaves my other question, unanswered. Darnit! :P
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

bourbon bros

by Paula B » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Dear John,

Being somewhat obsessive about out there things myself, I thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth about the building.
First though, is the donkey still out front?

Since I am close w/ one of the former people who rented space there, Yes, there may be some difficult times ahead for whoever is renting.

I wish the bbq guys good luck, regardless. :D
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:26 pm

Paula B wrote:First though, is the donkey still out front?

The donkey is gone. It probably wouldn't really be a great symbol for a barbecue joint. :)
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:47 pm

It is my understanding that the guys who own Bourbon Brothers, bought the building. I know the new wife of one of the owners and they are real excited about their purchase.
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 am

michele melillo-clem wrote:It is my understanding that the guys who own Bourbon Brothers, bought the building. I know the new wife of one of the owners and they are real excited about their purchase.

That is exciting for them and would definately bring a satisfying closure to my questions. A win/win finale
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 am

Now the only thing they need to do is overhaul their website. I hate being captive to noise or talking when I visit a website. At least give me the choice to turn off the noise polution coming out of my speakers so that I don't have to turn down my speaker all the time. It's not difficult to turn down speakers but I keep them loud and I forget so when I hit a website with noise, it blows me away and I get a little agitated.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:50 pm

Just another note on Noise Pollution on websites. I am presently forced to use the voice recognition features in Windows Vista. To do this I need to use a headset and microphone. When a website has sound that can't be turned off it's very difficult to use this feature, thus in most cases I just don't go to that website.

Maybe a section of the ADA should be written to address this issue since I'm sure that I'm not the only person effected by this problem.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:13 pm

That website has long been an annoyance to me. I love the place, but going to that website almost angers me.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:40 am

Amy Hoover wrote:That website has long been an annoyance to me. I love the place, but going to that website almost angers me.

It's an outdated concept and its a bit tacky, all that noise.
no avatar
User

Kelly Herre

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Crescent Hill, Louisville

by Kelly Herre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:35 pm

What is their website? I googled it and came up with nothing!
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:10 pm

Kelly Herre wrote:What is their website? I googled it and came up with nothing!

http://www.em-mgt.com/BBQ/default.html

It took about two seconds of Kate and I wanted to strangle her digital neck.
Next