Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cool I-Tunes Foodie Find

no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

Cool I-Tunes Foodie Find

by Melissa Richards-Person » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:19 am

For those among you with an I-pod, or who are simply willing (and able, via corporate firewalls) to download ITunes, I stumbled on a great Podcast a couple days ago.

It's Tom Douglas's Seattle Kitchen - hosted by, who else, Tom Douglas - the chef behind some of my favorite places when I lived in Seattle - the Dahlia Lounge, Ettas Kitchen, the Palace Kitchen - YUMMY!

The show actually airs on Saturday Afternoons on KIRO-AM, for three hours, so while there is only one show per week, there are three separate hours to download. And while admittedly, some of the content is Seattle-centric, they spend a lot of their time on much broader topics. He's had a senior editor from Amazon.com in to discuss the "Food-Lit" category and new book releases, interviewed the editor and founder of the Serious Eats website, and had an interesting discussion on the "underground restaurant" phenomenon. His co-host is Thierry Rautureau, chef-owner of Rover's restaurant - which is one of Seattle's institutions and a damn fine place to eat. He provides a sometimes surprising Frenchman's perspective on each topic.

Overall - it's worth a download, since it's FREE! I double-checked, and the Podcast is still featured on the "New Releases" section on the Podcast page - just go to the ITunes store, click on "Podcasts" in the box in the upper left section, then when on the Podcast page, you'll find this on the third page of the "Audio Podcasts" section.

They also have the Splendid Table and other foodie podcasts in there, I just happen to appreciate Tom's "no-nonsense" and "no snobs" attitude.

Happy listening!
no avatar
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

hungry mag

by BDKollker » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 am

For some of the top chefs in the country check out Hungrymag.com . They have sit down podcasts that really let you get inside the heads of some really interesting chefs.
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
no avatar
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: hungry mag

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:17 pm

bdkollker wrote:For some of the top chefs in the country check out Hungrymag.com . They have sit down podcasts that really let you get inside the heads of some really interesting chefs.

...damn, beat me to it.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.