Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

Horrible carryout at El Tarasco! (Fairfax Ave)

by Linda C » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:06 am

The first time it happened, I waited 30 min for an order. I didn't say anything, but last week clinched it. We were going on a trip, I had 4 teenagers at home so called in a carryout at 7 pm on a Monday night. They said "20 min." First, there's no official place to pick it up, so I paid and stood by the cash register in front of coke machine. Seconds after that, another lady with toddler and father in tow did the same. After 15 min, she asked a waiter if anyone had checked the orders and he nodded. At 8:10 the lady asked the female cashier to refund her money, as she was going to Taco Bell. Her toddler was starving. She started yelling in Spanish and pointing to the kitchen. Finally a waiter came out with an order; she grabbed it and started to walk away and I said 'I WANT my order!" She looked at it, literally shoved it at me and said "here". I was steamed, as I did not complain after standing there for 50 min. I looked at her and said...."thank you, you're welcome". Of course, the food was cold and the chicken nachos were a soggy mess when I got home at 8:20.

I will go back, cause we love the place. Service inside has always been good and the food is great and priced fairly. But they have NO system for take out orders and one employee was RUDE to customers about it. I'm sending a copy of this to the manager, btw.