Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rivue a Louisville Original???

no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

Rivue a Louisville Original???

by Jeremy J » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 am

I was browsing through the interwebs and noticed that Rivue is already listed as a Louisville Original...I thought you had to be a restaurant for a year to get in? Sneaky Sneaky!
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:42 am

maybe it was grandfathered in because it was more of renaming and redecorating of an existing restaurant rather than the opening of a brand new restaurant?

I think the name sounds like a cosmetic company.
no avatar
User

Sara Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Jeffersontown

The name

by Sara Boyle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:49 am

Or, how about the name of an old rustic movie theater in a small mid-west town who's population has never gone above 500.

I don't see the qualification as a Lou. Original. It's still part of a corporation that has just done a rename and redesign. Not really an independently created establishment i.e., Melillo's, Equus, Bourbons Bistro or even Baxter Station.

:?
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:43 pm

oh, I thought the Galt House was a locally owned and operated hotel. Did Al's kids sell out to a major hotel corporation?
no avatar
User

Sara Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Jeffersontown

Ownership

by Sara Boyle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:38 pm

No I dont think so..I think his Daughters still own the properties. I guess my view was it's not like what places I mentioned previously. And maybe it's not a correct point of view..Oh well. my apologies if I've hit a bee hive.
:oops:
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ron Johnson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:31 am

not sure where the bee hive is, I just thought your post implied that the hotel had been sold to Marriott or Hilton or something. That would've been shocking news.
That's why I was asking.