Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Adam Seger back in town for Park Place program July 23

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:42 pm

Adam Seger, former director of restaurants at the Seelbach Hotel's Oakroom and now bar chef for National 27 restaurant in Chicago, will come back to Louisville to join Park Place chef de cuisine Jay Denham in a one-night cocktail and food pairing class on Monday, July 23, at 7 p.m.

Guests will have an opportunity to sample Seger's inventive cocktails along with Denham's dishes served at several food stations including:

<b>Hot Rocks Station</b> – large stones heated for several hours and used to cook a variety of meats directly on the rocks.

<b>Heirloom Tomato Station</b> – mozzarella (sic, probably insalata caprese) and gazpacho.

<b>Cheesecake Lollipop Stations</b> – Dessert on a stick, plain or topped with choice of berries and sauces.

Passed plates will include chocolate-braised bison short ribs, saffron rice-encrusted shrimp, mushroom and goat cheese tart, and "ham and egg" (toast points topped with country ham and a quail egg). Sweet treats including bourbon balls and candy sushi will be passed for dessert.

Admission is $50 per person, which covers appetizers and cocktails. Tax and gratuity are additional. For more information or reservations call (502) 515-0172 or visit http://www.diningonmain.com .

<B>Park Place</b>
Slugger Field
401 E. Main St.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

adam seger at park place

by Paula B » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:24 pm

To anyone who enjoys a cocktail, Adam is the Best in the business. Unless you go see him in Chicago, this is a rare opportunity to enjoy his talent. Along w/ being an incredible mixologist, he is great fun as well.

A bonus to be able to eat Jay's food, a great combo.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Is this like a buffet, all you can eat and drink, cause I'd be getting crazy in there :lol:
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:35 pm

I agree with Paula, Adam is a really great guy. He help me get my start, when I was Chef of Picasso. I always stop by to see him when I'm in Chicago. He is super talanted, and a great cook too.