Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Culvers Tonight

User

BrianW

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Behind Enemy Lines in the 9th District

Culvers Tonight

by BrianW » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:56 pm

Well I made a stop at the Culvers on Hurstbourne this evening with the in-laws and the missus. Place was very busy when we arrived, but our food was out promptly. The burgers are similiar to Steak & Shake, and we all enjoyed what we ordered. They have things like Fried Chicken and Pot Roast sandwiches, plus a Pork Tenderloin sandwich. Took way too long though to get dessert later, as it seemed like the crew there was struggling with just what goes in this or that, maybe a case of too many options and too many people ordering. It was SRO when we left, people were scoping us out as we got our coats and handed the table over with the seats still hot! All in all, not bad, will want to try some of the other things as mentioned above. As my wife said, yum: Caramel Cashew Custard!

Brian
Liberalism is a 'no brainer'.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Culvers Tonight

by Doogy R » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:24 am

I am sooooo there.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:51 am

We met some friends at Culver's on Wednesday night. It was packed, but the line moved quickly and there were multiple tables open (and quickly bussed) the rest of the time we were there. There never was a back up and folks seemed to leave at the same rate as new customers entered.

They had a LOT of help on hand. I notice there was a supervisor stationed beside each of the cashiers, helping them and not abandoning them. Frankly, I was impressed at how well things were running on their THIRD DAY of operation with a near-capacity crowd.

I had the pork tenderloin sandwich and cheese curds. Yum! Hubby had a burger (always his first choice). There was quite a line when we left, so we instead drove through the drive-thru as we left because I had a hankering for a Culver's peanut butter malt. It was, as expected, to die for!

We don't do Meet & Greets any more out at the Hurstbourne Petsmart, but I'll find some excuse to visit this Culver's from time to time . . . at least until they see the light and build one in Jeffersonville.
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Cheese curds!!

by TanyaD » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:26 am

Lois,

Are they real cheese curds? Do they squeak when you bite into them? This place sounds great--will definitely have to go soon!
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:35 am

Sorry, no, there was no "squeak" but they certainly seemed "real".

I know what you are talking about. If the cheese is very fresh, the fried curd "squeaks" when you bite into. They were good nonetheless.

I've heard raves about their fried chicken but haven't tried it yet. We've enjoyed everything we've tried there.

Lois